IGNORED

Bobby Reid's Loan Extended

RegC

Why is there so much confusion and pointless speculation?!

It says on the city website that we have a 24hr recall clause. Absolute no brainer letting him stay at Plymouth. He gets to play week in week out and we can recall him if we have an injury crisis. He's behind pack in the pecking order so wouldn't even really make the bench here at the moment.

According to the Plymouth Herald, a player out on loan for the remainder of the season can only be recalled during a transfer window. After Jan we can't recall him.

So long as we can keep hold of Kane, he may aswell stay in Plymouth.

Here is the link: http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Argyle-waiting-decision-future-midfielder-Bobby/story-25807814-detail/story.html

According to the Plymouth Herald, a player out on loan for the remainder of the season can only be recalled during a transfer window. After Jan we can't recall him.

So long as we can keep hold of Kane, he may aswell stay in Plymouth.

the plymouth heald are wrong,

a player with a 24 hour recall option can be recalled with in 24 hours regardless, also the loan transfer window doesn't close until the end of march

Saw Bobby play for Plymouth against Newport Boxing day, despite the excuses of awful conditions he seemed way of the pace, weak in the challenge and very poor delivery throughout - he looks miles off our first team. I was surprised as i thought he'd been doing well down there. 

Agree on all these points.

The one thing I question is this "lightweight" term often used. He is about the same size as Gillet and is pretty aggressive/ competitive. No one has used this term about him at Plymouth where as an attacking goal scoring midfielder he has been instrumental in helping them towards the play offs.

International football is littered with midfielders who could get a part in Snow White.

I agree that 'lightweight' is a bit of a silly phrase actually. I'll try again.

Obviously there are many very good small and 'lightweight' players in the world, Xavi, messi, iniesta etc. the point I was trying to make was that Reid is a creative, attacking player whose place in our team would be in the Freeman role behind the strikers.

The only other central midfield positions have a much greater defensive and combative responsibility to them. This doesn't suit his game at all. So to be more specific I don't think his game suits playing centre midfield in our current system, it would however suit the attacking central midfield role but as I've already said, he's behind Freeman in the pecking order there.

• Admin

Apparently won't be extended as no recall can be put in place.

SC was quoted yesterday as saying he wouldn't be sent back to Argyle at present as we are now light in midfield

Pending further recruitment in the transfer window Reid will then go back to Argyle, with the recall ability included in the deal 

SC was quoted yesterday as saying he wouldn't be sent back to Argyle at present as we are now light in midfield

Pending further recruitment in the transfer window Reid will then go back to Argyle, with the recall ability included in the deal 

Yes- I read that - SC saying he'd know more at end of Jan.

I'm happy if he's used here and happy if he goes back to Plymouth and continues to play well there. What he doesn't need is splinters in his arse for the remainder of the season.

Archived