IGNORED

Mark Watson - On 6 Music Talking About Bristol City

Port Said Red

Managed to shoehorn in references to the cups and fixture congestion. :)

A genuine City fan who actually attends games when he can (unlike many of our 'celebrity fans')

Another is actor Joe Sims who I spotted in the Williams against Yeovil.

A genuine City fan who actually attends games when he can (unlike many of our 'celebrity fans')

The only celebrity fan I can think of that professed a love for City whilst not attending games was the bearded buffoon whose name escapes me. I have no reason to believe any of the others are bandwagon jumpers in the way that he seemed to be.

I just had to look him up and realised he sat close to me a couple of games back.

The only celebrity fan I can think of that professed a love for City whilst not attending games was the bearded buffoon whose name escapes me. I have no reason to believe any of the others are bandwagon jumpers in the way that he seemed to be.

Justin Lee Collins. Who I saw at a number of city games.

Not recently though. I'm assuming with the career down the swanney, he might have ditched the Jesus look and be doing an ordinary job somewhere.

A bit harsh on Louis :fear:

We interviewed Mark Watson for the One Team In Bristol fanzine (Issue 200) and Joe Sims (Issue 201) on sale v Notts County and it was very clear they are true passionate City fans. Great guys. Does anyone see Tony Robinson anymore at City?

OK, I just presumed he never went from the way people talked about him on here at the time. Most of the other major 'celebrity' names I've seen at AG at one time or another

Grant Marshall (Daddy G of Massive Attack) used to sit two rows in front of me in the Dolman. Haven't seen him the past few seasons though. I have a vague memory he might be based in the States now.

Grant Marshall (Daddy G of Massive Attack) used to sit two rows in front of me in the Dolman. Haven't seen him the past few seasons though. I have a vague memory he might be based in the States now.

Nope, definitely still Bristol based, saw him last week.

Nope, definitely still Bristol based, saw him last week.

Thanks for the info. I'm a bit out of the loop these days.

Probably sits in a different block or stand then these days. I've never seen Rob Del Naja here, but I know from a couple of conversations I've had, he's a fanatical fan and he has an amazing recall of matches.

Probably sits in a different block or stand then these days. I've never seen Rob Del Naja here, but I know from a couple of conversations I've had, he's a fanatical fan and he has an amazing recall of matches.

Can also attest to first hand experience of 3D's knowledge and enthusiasm for City.

He was on Radio 2 and chatting about City the morning of the Walsall game this season. He was asked if he attends games and he said that he really tries to but due to his touring, he makes it to more away matches than home and actually checks the fixtures with his tour dates / other engagements to see what games he can make it to.

Then said that he was going to try and make the Walsall game as soon as the interview was over. I must admit, at the time, when he said he hadn't made it to Ashton Gate for a couple of seasons I kind of thought he was talking shite but sure enough, someone on here posted a picture of him stood next to them in the stand. Fair play to the bloke.

Tony Robinson now lives in East London, so I guess he is not a regular for home games.

Remember him at a couple of games home and away in the past...

Very active politically etc and now of course a knight of the realm....

His son is a bit of a petrol head and purely by chance I came across him on the Pistonheads forum when I was thinking of getting a TVR a several years ago, (Baldrick used to have a Chimaera and his son had a Tamora). When it came to light who his dad was I asked if he still supported City. He said that he had now moved to London where most of his work was and couldn't manage to get to home games in Bristol, but did try to see them when they played any London clubs, if he could. Whether this is still the same these days I don't know. His son put me off buying a TVR though!

Probably sits in a different block or stand then these days. I've never seen Rob Del Naja here, but I know from a couple of conversations I've had, he's a fanatical fan and he has an amazing recall of matches.[/quote

Have seen 3d at the gate before and stood near him at Brentford in the 90s.

Stood next to Mark Watson away at Walsall this season he was with his mrs

Well I'll raise you a 'he used to come around our house for tea when we were kids and was at my brother's wedding'  :P

Definitely a City fan from a very young age, btw  :yes:  but his Dad's a Bournemouth fan.

Tony Robinson now lives in East London, so I guess he is not a regular for home games.

Remember him at a couple of games home and away in the past...

Very active politically etc and now of course a knight of the realm....

He'll be looking forward to the replay against West Ham in the fourth round then...

We interviewed Mark Watson for the One Team In Bristol fanzine (Issue 200) and Joe Sims (Issue 201) on sale v Notts County and it was very clear they are true passionate City fans. Great guys. Does anyone see Tony Robinson anymore at City?

I queued for Liverpool tickets with Tony Robinson 21 years ago. I got the impression he was completely bored with everything I had to say (which of course makes him a wonderful person).

Show biz chums with fans liaison officer David Lloyd of course. I saw them at Charlton more recently, the same game that a Baldrick wannabe was "up in a tree, he's up in a tree, he's Bristol City, he's up in a tree". Maybe DaveL can confirm or deny Sir Tony's allegiance ?

Oh and my son reliably informs me that Lethal Bizzle was at Leyton Orient away last season, but more as a fan of JET than anything.

Archived