IGNORED

Name For New East End

Would not surprise me if the Williams is to be renamed the Hargreaves Lansdown stand as a way of sponsership money to be paid to the club.

SL does this and pumps money at an inflated amount to balance the books against FFP bollocks.

If he ain't already thought of it, and he's reading this remember it's my idea Steve and I want commission please.

I'd have thought if HL was going to sponsor the club in some way it would have done so by now, but I don't recall seeing anything ever. I'm not even sure how much SL is involved with them these days and it was never something he could treat as his own personal fiefdom.

Of course there's nothing to stop him doing the same thing via another business, I just wouldn't expect it to be HL.

I don't think the mighty John Atyeo should have his name on the away end when the ground is finished.

Probably controversial but I'd be happy with the 'new' stadium being called 'Atyeo's Ashton Gate', the new East End being the Terry Cooper Stand, the away end being the Colin Daniel End and people like Carey, Tinnion, Tainton, Walsh, Ashton Gate Eight, etc etc  having lounges/bars named after them in the new stands somewhere.

Look no further than the great BUSTER FOOTMAN for an inspirational City 'hero' worthy of being honoured in such a way.

The Buster Footman Stand. ....would get my vote.

I met someone recently who told  Buster Footman is now a gardener.

I remember the debate about the naming of the new severn bridge. Loads of great ideas and names put forward but the winner?

Second Severn Crossing- genius.

I'd have thought if HL was going to sponsor the club in some way it would have done so by now, but I don't recall seeing anything ever. I'm not even sure how much SL is involved with them these days and it was never something he could treat as his own personal fiefdom.

Of course there's nothing to stop him doing the same thing via another business, I just wouldn't expect it to be HL.

Peter Hargreaves has regarded SL's involvement at BCFC with a degree of amusement. He is a proud Lancastrian with little interest in football - his only connection being SL and the fact he bought Marina Dolman's beautiful house in Chew Magna.

I met someone recently who told  Buster Footman is now a gardener.

I remember the debate about the naming of the new severn bridge. Loads of great ideas and names put forward but the winner?

Peter Hargreaves has regarded SL's involvement at BCFC with a degree of amusement. He is a proud Lancastrian with little interest in football - his only connection being SL and the fact he bought Marina Dolman's beautiful house in Chew Magna.

He didn't want to buy you then? 

Would not surprise me if the Williams is to be renamed the Hargreaves Lansdown stand as a way of sponsership money to be paid to the club.

SL does this and pumps money at an inflated amount to balance the books against FFP bollocks.

If he ain't already thought of it, and he's reading this remember it's my idea Steve and I want commission please.

Steve Lansdown no longer has any connection with Hargreaves Lansdown and the money he has put into the club has always been his personal money. I'm sure the club is working on sponsorship deals for both the Williams and South stands.

Bristol City Council held a contest to decide on the new name for the re-vamped M Shed on the docks. The resulting new name? "M Shed" !

He didn't want to buy you then? 

He drives a Rangerover Sport- no bloody class.

Bristol City Council held a contest to decide on the new name for the re-vamped M Shed on the docks. The resulting new name? "M Shed" !

Brilliant!

On HIGNFY last week, they showed a newspaper competition to name the new Kirby Leisure Centre and the winning entry as decided by the Council was?

Kirby Leisure Centre

Maybe the new stand should be called The New Stand? My best guess is that it will be called The" whoever's got the most money to name a stand" Stand.

how can the east end , be the south stand ?

Because Ashton gate is on an angle and parts of that stand was in the south and parts east (Dolman / East end corner points east)

Where the parkenders used to have their flag is North...

That Dolman / EE corner used so bend round with terracing so where the old mural was located is East and some fans named it the East end due to saying i'll meet you the East side of that stand (no mobile phones back then) so it was a fans nick name..

post-27-0-85664300-1420655239_thumb.jpg

I quite like the 'Bristol South end' as earlier mentioned but would like to see the 8 players who essentially saved our club in '82 recognised.

How about the G8 South stand?

Maybe we could name the blocks in the stand after the players ie. Andy Cole A Block, Barnard B block, Carey C block etc..

This would acknowledge the "b-list" players for City who deserve recognition, but not a full stand named after them.

Maybe we could name the blocks in the stand after the players ie. Andy Cole A Block, Barnard B block, Carey C block etc..

This would acknowledge the "b-list" players for City who deserve recognition, but not a full stand named after them.

All the way down to the Kelly Youga Y block a.k.a. the Tool Shed.

Andy Cole never player for BCFC

source-  Andy Cole

B Block bas to be Bas Savage- legend

Archived