IGNORED

Jpt - Why Isn't It Reported On Bbc Football?

southvillekiddy

I didn't even realise you were playing! I assume that was the first leg?

I think the JPT may have had it's day, now virtually everyone has got to the final at some point or other. I remember being insanely jealous when you first got there after you beat Hereford, and I think for a bit it was a really worthwhile tournament, I'm just not so sure it is any more.

Just what I bloody need when I've got my back against the wall - a Gashead backing me up :facepalm:

I refer the Honourable Member to my previous post.

was a fuc... nightmare  although he bought season tickets in the first year the dolman was open for me and him.

I spent most of that season  wondering if he could see me smoking in the east end from the dolman?

my dad was the start of the early leaving from the dolman, we were home to oxford we were top they were third  after about 6 games,

20 mins gone city 0/4  oxford my dad is trying to leave the ground. bless him still alive he could tell you any player that ever played for us in the 50s

or 60s.

I didn't even realise you were playing! I assume that was the first leg?

I think the JPT may have had it's day, now virtually everyone has got to the final at some point or other. I remember being insanely jealous when you first got there after you beat Hereford, and I think for a bit it was a really worthwhile tournament, I'm just not so sure it is any more.

I'm reluctantly prepared to  agree with you if we don't win it.

bless him still alive he could tell you any player that ever played for us in the 50s

or 60s.

So that would be Carey last season and Wibraham this season?

Ditto.

Just booked a weekend in London - just in case...

Not missed a wembley or Millstad game for City and I don't intend to miss this one (if we get there of course, if not we'll have a short break anyway). 

Getting to the final of any competition is to be celebrated whatever level you are at and if we get to Wembley it is to be enjoyed as an occasion that comes around once in a while. If others want to treat it with contempt and sit at home slagging it off, thats up to them - sod 'em, its their loss and they won't be missed as we'll sell out as usual. If we get there...

Despite my earlier post, I would absolutely go if Rovers were in a final, but I just don't think there is the same level of interest now.

Our first final was against Tranmere , and we took something like 35,000 (yes really!), but I remember being really disappointed to look down the opposite end and see that Tranmere had bought just over 10,000. It would put a real dampener on the day for me if we got there again (stop laughing at the back) and played in front of a half full Wembley.

City have been hugely successful in this competition, and I am sure you will take more than most if you get there again, but I am also sure there will be a fair few City fans who won't be too worried to give it a miss.

Maybe it needs revamping a bit, maybe (if they would be interested) invite a few of the bigger Scottish clubs into it, just something to create a bit more interest again.

yes but did you go to Wembley for the pointless game against Bolton?

If you didn't fair enough your only here for the Real glory days.

But as a grandfather now and not knowing when success will come around again, I would say to any young city fan get your ass to Wembley,

as you don't know when it's ever coming again.

Just because you don't fancy it . it's a good chance to introduce new young fans to our club.

anyway were all city apart from my dad who wa

...s a lumberjack?

Archived