IGNORED

Andy Townsend

bs3

Bring back Roger Malone.

On the subject of RM, do you (or anybody) know what happened to Peter Godsiff?

The Post now has AS and JM for City and Rovers respectively, but they used to have PG and (?) for the Rovers.

RM once gave a talk at my school, on the subject of journalism, and related an amusing anecdote about the (then) Bristol Evening Post where a printer apparently confused his vowels when writing about Queen Victoria passing over Bristol Bridge - I never could establish whether the article was amended before it went to print.  

Excellent news. Townsend is a blithering idiot and a terrible pundit/commentator. ITV's coverage is absolutely woeful but it's set to get a lot better now they are getting shot of that moron.

What coverage? If they're losing champions league next season to BT Sport then they aren't left with anything. Are they?

Going to be crap not having champions league on terrestrial tv. I know ITV's coverage isn't great at the moment but I've grown up with it and always associate Clive tyldesly's commentary with magical champions league nights. If only the Beeb got the rights!

On the subject of RM, do you (or anybody) know what happened to Peter Godsiff?

The Post now has AS and JM for City and Rovers respectively, but they used to have PG and (?) for the Rovers.

RM once gave a talk at my school, on the subject of journalism, and related an amusing anecdote about the (then) Bristol Evening Post where a printer apparently confused his vowels when writing about Queen Victoria passing over Bristol Bridge - I never could establish whether the article was amended before it went to print.

I think it was Robin Perry doing the gas stuff when Peter Godsiff was around.

Last I heard Mr Godsiff was writing for the Bournemouth Echo last year!

He was a tad racist but things haven't been the same since Big Ron got the boot.

Apart from his racist comment I miss Big Ron. As an ex manager he knew what he was talking about but he had a sense of humour and didn't take himself seriously. Some of his quotes are classics - e g

"Carlton Palmer can trap the ball further than I can kick it"

What coverage? If they're losing champions league next season to BT Sport then they aren't left with anything. Are they?

Going to be crap not having champions league on terrestrial tv. I know ITV's coverage isn't great at the moment but I've grown up with it and always associate Clive tyldesly's commentary with magical champions league nights. If only the Beeb got the rights!

They show the internationals don't they?

I think it was Robin Perry doing the gas stuff when Peter Godsiff was around.

Last I heard Mr Godsiff was writing for the Bournemouth Echo last year!

Robin Perry passed away last year, Godsiff writes on golf for the Sunday Indy but must be nearly 80 now...

The worse pundit person is Michael - I just ramble on and on about rubbish - Owen. He clearly likes the sound of his own voice and it's a monotonous drone. He is not informative, adds nothing to the commentary and totally and utterly boring.

Jimmy Bullard looked a mess but I quite enjoyed him.

Archived