IGNORED

Andy Townsend

bs3

Going to be crap not having champions league on terrestrial tv....and always associate Clive tyldesly's commentary with magical champions league nights.

Yep, and I'll be glad to be able to finally disassociate his commentary which ruins magical moments.

Rooooney!

What coverage? If they're losing champions league next season to BT Sport then they aren't left with anything. Are they?

Going to be crap not having champions league on terrestrial tv. I know ITV's coverage isn't great at the moment but I've grown up with it and always associate Clive tyldesly's commentary with magical champions league nights. If only the Beeb got the rights!

They still have the rights to England international matches don't they? For me, that's when I find Townsend most annoying. Actually having to listen to that idiot when you are watching a team you support is infuriating. Although I do agree, no champs league games on terrestrial is pretty crap.

They still have the rights to England international matches don't they? For me, that's when I find Townsend most annoying. Actually having to listen to that idiot when you are watching a team you support is infuriating. Although I do agree, no champs league games on terrestrial is pretty crap.

yea when he slates our young players for making a mistake, that is what really gets on my tits

Townsend's commentary in every game:

"In and around".

"Not for me, Clive".

"That's better".

"Yep".

"Go on!"

"He has to do better".

"Yep".

"Better".

It's the better thing that always got me. If the player shoots he should have passed, if he passes he should have shot. If the move doesn't actually result in a goal there must be something wrong with the build up. The other thing is he will take 15 minutes to make a decision on whether something was a penalty or not, then criticise the referee for getting it wrong in a 5th of a second!

Glad he's going as he's one of the media that perpetuate James Milner as an "essential player for England". What utter bullocks.

Agree with others that he also is guilty of the "right to go down" phrase far too much.

And most of all he's just crap!

Bang on! :thumbsup:

Archived