IGNORED

Credit To Notts

chivers88

I am seeing a lot of post saying how bad notts were ect but I have to say I think they came here with a game plan not many others have and that was to win themselves but they were just not good enough and I think if they came here today and put 10men behind the ball we probably wouldn't not have scored as many

Did they really? They just passed the ball forward then backwards pretty much all game and barely had a shot on goal. That was never going to win this game. By far the worst I have seen this season. At least Crawley had a threat.

I am seeing a lot of post saying how bad notts were ect but I have to say I think they came here with a game plan not many others have and that was to win themselves but they were just not good enough and I think if they came here today and put 10men behind the ball we probably wouldn't not have scored as many

That's only because we scored early. Their game plan from the beginning was to park the bus and grind out a draw but our goal changed that and forced them to open up a bit. I don't blame Derry at all for setting up negatively though, we have the better team so it's to be expected

• Admin

I assume I was at a different game to you today

They had ten men behind the ball up to when we were three up

Obviously well drilled by the very likeable Mr Derry & defended high up the pitch and pressed early on but they were dreadful going forward.

I loved how their manager was trying to bend the refs ear at half time, what a muppet.

He must've picked up that managerial gem from Colin.

Palarse what a lovely team.

Did they really? They just passed the ball forward then backwards pretty much all game and barely had a shot on goal. That was never going to win this game. By far the worst I have seen this season. At least Crawley had a threat.

TBH that sounds a lot like Notts, obviously I didn't attend the game but we play like and a lot of fans find it frustrating. We do have the ability to out pass sides, however we don't have the legs or the ability to do much else.

I'm a little disappointed to see that we was one of the poorest teams you've seen, though this should be read by our manager.

I've seen many by our own fans, we probably did go with a game plan but one of my criticism of Derry is that he doesn't change much in games. Usually we are well out of games before he does but this said, many of our previous managers didn't have the bottle to make changes early on or when they aren't going to plan and anyone who's played football will realizes this loses games.

I think you guys should be proud of the way you played.

Just been having a browse of their forum, the main criticism from their fans seems to be that they're too defensive. Not just today, but as a general point.

Would that happen to be Pride of Nottingham Northern Red? I think there's a difference between overly defensive and defensive, I think we was way too focused on defending that our players forgot that the only real way of defending is to attack teams.

Quality or not, we could have done much better.

Obviously well drilled by the very likeable Mr Derry & defended high up the pitch and pressed early on but they were dreadful going forward.

I loved how their manager was trying to bend the refs ear at half time, what a muppet.

He must've picked up that managerial gem from Colin.

Palarse what a lovely team.

Yes, we tend to be quite poor. There's some training work to be here, I know our fans are pinning hopes on signings but for me this is the basics to be expected. Any side can attack, even teams with the weakest players and we have gone from having the best defence in the league to a crumbling wall which panics, resorting in hoofing the ball forward without care or direction.

I highly doubt Derry would attempt to bend the ear of the referee.

Notts County simply couldn't cope with JET or Freeman. JET was perticularly damaging with an assist and a goal to his name. Freeman had the full back in his pocket as well. It was no surprise when Derry changed personel at half time. Fortunately it made no difference.

City would have made most League 1 teams look poor with the way they played yesterday. I was very impressed.

Archived