IGNORED

Freddie Sears

Between heaven and hell

Why do people on this forum and others always claim to know specifically what a particular footballer earns?! It's not information in the public domain any more than any of our own salaries are, so it's always guesswork and speculation.

In other words - complete nonsense.

I don't have a clue what he earns CR, just repeating what someone else stated. With all due respect to Smithy, I would hope he isn't on that much as we will have to compete with players earning that sort of wedge next season, hopefully!

We'll see how he does at Ipswich, then we'll get a better idea whether he's good enough for us.

Fair to say a move to a top Championship club says enough. Why then judge him (falsely) again, or at least find reasons to?

Good luck to the lad, has been in high regard at L1 for a while and justifiably so.

Yet deemed not good enough for us by some on here! :facepalm:

Well they did sign Gherkin, who wasn't good enough for here.

Personally having seen Sears a few times he's never really taken me as a player who's going to improve much more, he's still young but I don't think he has the talent, mid table championship at a stretch is his level.

I'd prefer to keep hold of Smith, he's imprving, not been around that long but did a job at Leeds and definitely gets himself into plenty of goal scoring positions, plus his height and physicality is an asset when defending set pieces, the ideal replacement for Alby.

Sears, if he was ever a target, would for me be a slight improvement on Agard, but the current two up top would definitely be my first choice with or without Sears if he'd have signed.

SC says he's commited to buying players who will further strengthen the squad, would Sears have done that? Maybe but I'd prefer to take a gamble on the likes of Bradshaw.

Could potentially have been the one who Cotts thought we may lose out on to a championship club? Maybe the Kane thing took him by surprise.

My thinking too.

And perhaps Smith's form also surprised him too. Would rather we funnelled our efforts into getting the big man in full time than Sears any road.

How do you form that opinion?

Last season both playing were in L1, Agard scored 26 goals in all comps., Sears 12.

Agree... I would much rather have Agard than I would Sears. Just because he's moved to Ipswich doesn't make him a brilliant player. He hasn't proved himself any higher than league 1. Looked nothing special in the championship and I'm glad we didn't sign him.

Will be interesting to see who the 2 players Cotterill will sign are and what positions. Would think one would be a striker.... BUT WHO!?

Archived