IGNORED

Should We Offer Jet A New Contract ?

Major Isewater

Realise many will disagree, but if he was willing to sign, I'd certainly offer him one.

We've had this debate before, but his minutes-to-goals/assists ratio is impressive, and I think that he's probably still got his best years ahead of him.

But if this vein of form continues, I could see someone try and pinch him before January is up.

No from me.

Seems to me JET has pulled his finger out recently (which is good for us don't get me wrong) though I'd be against giving him a 2-3 year contract as no doubt one of the top earners I'd imagine and is too inconsistent.

If he was a fully committed professional to City then of course (wait for it.....)

Being honest I would probably wait to see if he can sustain the form rather than base offering a contract on what could be a purple patch. I said in another thread id be worried if his form has picked up due to him being out of contract at the end of the season. Considering we are looking to be in the championship and are well placed to achieve it Jet's demands would also be a big factor, and if we don't think he'll do well in the division above then could his wages be used better? I'm not against offering him a contract, just want to see more than a few good games.

No from me.

Seems to me JET has pulled his finger out recently (which is good for us don't get me wrong) though I'd be against giving him a 2-3 year contract as no doubt one of the top earners I'd imagine and is too inconsistent.

If he was a fully committed professional to City then of course (wait for it.....)

I'll bite

Who else is he committed to then?

Being honest I would probably wait to see if he can sustain the form rather than base offering a contract on what could be a purple patch. I said in another thread id be worried if his form has picked up due to him being out of contract at the end of the season. Considering we are looking to be in the championship and are well placed to achieve it Jet's demands would also be a big factor, and if we don't think he'll do well in the division above then could his wages be used better? I'm not against offering him a contract, just want to see more than a few good games.

Fair points but he hasn't had more bad games than anyone else this season, nor has he had the game time to show consistancy hard to call it a purple patch when it's the only run of games he's had.

Ha ha

To himself I'd say, plenty of players when nearly out of contract suddenly have a purple patch.

He's putting himself in the shop window shall we say with this run of form (which again, I'm more than happy with)

Now with current form i can't see us getting rid in January and why would we. Plus we don't know what's going on with big Smudger.

If we do go up I for one would have no confidence in JET put in regular performances in the championship.

Ha ha

To himself I'd say, plenty of players when nearly out of contract suddenly have a purple patch.

He's putting himself in the shop window shall we say with this run of form (which again, I'm more than happy with)

Now with current form i can't see us getting rid in January and why would we. Plus we don't know what's going on with big Smudger.

If we do go up I for one would have no confidence in JET put in regular performances in the championship.

My question would be at what point until the last few weeks has he had a chance to regularly show his form this season? He has ahad substitute cameos and the odd game but no regular time so harsh imo to call this a purple patch as its his only run of games this season

Archived