IGNORED

Experience Is The Key

Lew-T

Buying both players today who have experienced the promotion push in this division is excellent work by Cotterill, and both who are at a great age and will improve more. Swindon don't have it, MK don't have it and PNE for me, will fade away in the coming months.

This is something we should have done in 2008, if we did, we could have been in Stoke's shoes now!

For now though, I'm glad we are learning the mistakes of that year and hope to push on and secure the title. The talent we have at this club is fantastic! I can't wait for the next game to watch these lads, that's how it feels.

Bring it on!

Was thinking exactly this earlier my friend, fantastic bits of business from Cotts and no doubt improve us further (if that really needed happening anyway  :thumbsup: ) Can't wait for the next few months! Bring on Scunny on Saturday, hopefully another 3 points to topple the vile club above us.

I definately think that Cotterill knows what type of players he needs to push on and get promoted.

He's brought in very experienced regulars in Wade Elliot and Wilbraham and today another experienced pair to help maintain the current good form.

Should City get into the Championship next season then I would expect to see him strengthen the squad yet again over the summer with several current players being let go to enable new blood to come in.

The 2 new loan players both seem to be really good signings with experience of playing regularly in league one promotion sides... still like to see a goal scorer bought in though, esp. with Wilbs & Agard still out and the danger of Smith's loan not getting extended.

playing the devils advocate here...thought the afore mentioned had a quite game on tuesday...tin hat at the ready x

The 2 new loan players both seem to be really good signings with experience of playing regularly in league one promotion sides... still like to see a goal scorer bought in though, esp. with Wilbs & Agard still out and the danger of Smith's loan not getting extended.

Not signing a striker on loan hopefully means either Wilbraham or Agard are pretty close to returning. Maybe even both.

Buying both players today who have experienced the promotion push in this division is excellent work by Cotterill, and both who are at a great age and will improve more. Swindon don't have it, MK don't have it and PNE for me, will fade away in the coming months.

This is something we should have done in 2008, if we did, we could have been in Stoke's shoes now!

For now though, I'm glad we are learning the mistakes of that year and hope to push on and secure the title. The talent we have at this club is fantastic! I can't wait for the next game to watch these lads, that's how it feels.

Bring it on!

Er, or Hull's?

Bring it on!

S****horpe away 

Er, or Hull's?

Remember that game on Sky when we played Stoke at the Britannia stadium? That was a key game as I think we were 3rd and they were 2nd and we needed to get a result to maintain the race and I'm sure we would have if we strengthened our small squad at the time. We didn't!

We lost 2-1

What do you think it is that players that have experienced a promotion bring to a team? I can see what someone like Elliot brings particularly in the last few minutes of key games, but is their something on or off the pitch that those with this specific experience can add? Is it a way of handling the pressure or something else?

What do you think it is that players that have experienced a promotion bring to a team? I can see what someone like Elliot brings particularly in the last few minutes of key games, but is their something on or off the pitch that those with this specific experience can add? Is it a way of handling the pressure or something else?

The mentality of 'been there, done that'. They know what it takes to get over the line.

Not signing a striker on loan hopefully means either Wilbraham or Agard are pretty close to returning. Maybe even both.

Even if both are close, neither will be match fit, if Smith goes back that leaves us with only JET.

SC must either have a striker lined up on loan or have agreed a deal to keep Smith until the end of the season.

He's taken us this far and wouldn't risk losing out on promotion by not having enough strike power, my guess would be Smith is staying at least until the end of the season.

Archived