IGNORED

J E T's fitness (Merged)

BristolBEAT

Just thought a new thread is required to achieve a balanced discussion.

No, he wasn't fit when reporting pre-season.

Yes, he is fit now and providing fabulous entertainment.

Well done JET.

Thats alright then. Reports back in June, ready for action in December! Its a good job the rest of the squad took their responsibilities seriously.

What should be apparent to all is the fact that he is leaner than he has been since here -- much more the athlete. Well done to Jet and well done to the backroom staff making it very clear where he had to get to and giving him free rein when he did. The most exciting player in years -- let us appreciate and enjoy watching other teams get mesmerised by him.

• Admin

Thats alright then. Reports back in June, ready for action in December! Its a good job the rest of the squad took their responsibilities seriously.

I would question why he was able to get into that state?

I thought our squad had "keep in touch" days where they were weighed etc?

Can remember seeing him at WSM pre-season and he was clearly overweight - I would ask why nothing was addressed at that point!

For a professional sportsman it shouldn't take over 5 months to get fit !!

Before someone accuses me of being negative, at this moment in time JET is clearly a match winner for us, but clearly was not up to the end of 2014

I do have a certain sympathy on both sides here

If Jay was not match fit at the beginning of the season that did not help his cause, however Agard and Wilbraham were tearing it up and they could not all play and as such Jay being the obvious sub was strangely advantageous.

Couple that with not playing games his match fitness would not have improved. In this case the cup runs have helped as the guy certainly is match fit now and has probably saved SL spending money on another striker.

I agree with M, Jay needs handling/love however you prefer to call it and strangely SOD has whatever that took. Hopefully SC can get what he needs and that influences the club to offer a new contract.

We will see but long may this form continue!

Utter claptrap. What gives you the right to slag off an in form JET and perhaps mess with his head? Just pipe down and let him get on with the job in hand, I despair, just button it ok?

Presumably you're being funny?  Else ....

1) Who mentioned slagging off?

2) Who's trying to mess with his head?

3) I wasn't piping up

4) A grown-up discussion (you might have had one of those in the past) is perfectly legitimate as the manager has brought the subject into the public domain.

I would question why he was able to get into that state?

I thought our squad had "keep in touch" days where they were weighed etc?

Can remember seeing him at WSM pre-season and he was clearly overweight - I would ask why nothing was addressed at that point!

For a professional sportsman it shouldn't take over 5 months to get fit !!

Before someone accuses me of being negative, at this moment in time JET is clearly a match winner for us, but clearly was not up to the end of 2014

I'm sure behind closed doors things were said and that will be the reason he never got a sniff for the first team

You'd have to say the sort of people he hangs with off the pitch are not really the sort you'd expect to be a positive influence.

You seen his friends?

Nope, but as long as SC, his team mates and the club are happy with his conduct, I see little reason to care about his pals.

For me; it's best to judge people on the way they conduct themselves, rather than the company they keep.

None of my business if he hangs out with musicians, pipe fitters or the pope, as long as he's a good professional for BCFC.

I'm sure behind closed doors things were said and that will be the reason he never got a sniff for the first team

You'd have to say the sort of people he hangs with off the pitch are not really the sort you'd expect to be a positive influence.

You seen his friends?

Doesn't drink but loves a party? 

WTF are you guys saying?

He wasn't as fit as the rest earlier in the season; I'm a big fan of what the lad can bring to the team and I could see that.

But now he looks to certainly be fit enough; the fact he ran half the pitch in the 70 minute on Tuesday and wasn't so out of puff that he couldn't get past his defenders, give the keeper the eyes and score an important goal should stand in testament to that fact.

Plus, he's completed two 90 minutes in four days, being a crucial and very active part of two important victories in both cases. SC even made the point of picking him out for praise, something he rarely does, so I think it is safe to say the even if SC is commenting on his fitness before, he's happy with it, and him in general now.

I can imagine he likes a party; he's a 24 year old guy with money in his pockets. But doesn't mean he's a waster; as long as his manager is happy with him, and he causes no problems in the dressing room with it, his free time is exactly that.

And consider this too; he is only 24, and before now has often been bombed out of clubs after not holding down a place before the 18 months we've had him. Perhaps SC and the backroom staff have needed that time to impress on him the importance of peak fitness and focus, and only now (not long after his 24th birthday) the penny has dropped, and he's got a new determination to make something of himself?

We've all see similar transformations in players, some far older than JET, and I've certainly seen many folks outside if football take a good decade longer to sort themselves out in life.

Again; he maybe had a bit too much praise and not enough incentive to work hard as a young player, and his slide to our level is perhaps proof of that.

But you cannot fault the fact he at least was willing to go somewhere he'd get game time, rather than sit out a big contract, and even work hard and wait for a chance when out of the team like he has this season.

He may not be as natural an athlete as some players, and he might have a tendency to come over as 'showy' in his personal life, but there is undoubted magic in his boots at times, and if he can get his legs and head to a place where he can show that on a regular basis, as he seems to be now, then we've easily one if the division's finest (and young) talents on out hands.

I think SC and the backroom team have always known this, and that is why he was never shipped out, and why they've clearly helped him work hard to be the player he's always threatened to be.

Positive and well thought out post which I really hope us an accurate reflection of the truth and we sign Jet up for a few more years with the hope we all see him finally full fill his potential.

Is he still doing his Herbalife guru stuff? Much as it sounds like a load of over-exaggerated claims and possibly even a pyramid scheme, the fact it's given him a fitness obsession may not be the worst thing in the world...

No fitness / health professional worth their salt should be anywhere near that herbalife shit.

Archived