IGNORED

Fa Cup 5Th Round.....or....wembley?

Manon

Maybe this should have have in the 'stupid' questions thread, but thought perhaps it deserves it's own little space.

Maybe it has already been asked? Quite likely, but didn't see it.

Can someone add a poll please.

Tough decision for me but wembley edging it as I will take the boy and will def get tickets!

Think we can do both and still get promotion....I have a sneaky feeling that this team is relentless and we will be celebrating one of the best seasons in recent memory come end of May

I agree, I also think promotion is just the start for this young team - winning becomes a habit.

Promotion No 1 - ideally champions, but I'd take a top two and be out of both cup.

Promotion via Playoffs No 2 - not idea, my nerves would be shot, but it would be 'back in the Championship'

Joint 3 and 4 - cups - can't imagine there is much difference in revenue between a 5th round cup tie and winning the JPT, this season, neither are important, although if pushed, I'd have the JPT in front of the FA Cup, as we've a realistic chance of winning it.

Promotion No 1 - ideally champions, but I'd take a top two and be out of both cup.

Promotion via Playoffs No 2 - not idea, my nerves would be shot, but it would be 'back in the Championship'

Joint 3 and 4 - cups - can't imagine there is much difference in revenue between a 5th round cup tie and winning the JPT, this season, neither are important, although if pushed, I'd have the JPT in front of the FA Cup, as we've a realistic chance of winning it.

Unless we get one of the big four and another live TV appearance, I'd have thought there'd be a load more cash in the JPT all told...

I always find these one or the other threads very strange. Because at no point is it a one or the other case.

If we're choosing competitions though, for me, first choice is winning the league. Got a horrible feeling that if we don't win it, and come second, it'll be the World Cup winners from Wiltshire that take the title and I don't want that one bit. Obviously promotion would be brilliant, but to come behind Swindle in any position means we'd never hear the end of it. I'd scrap them both to win the league.

2nd, I'd love to go to Wembley, but only if we win the JPT. If we were gonna lose in the JPT I'd take beating Wham to grab us some more attention and maybe a bigger club and TV tie in the next round.

Basically, bollocks to choosing, let's go beat Wham, go to Wembley, win the JPT, then beat those obsessed inbred barstewards to the title in May.

COYR!!

I always find these one or the other threads very strange. Because at no point is it a one or the other case.

It's not strange, it's just a hypothetical question to see where one's preference lies.

Of course, we all want to win everything, but some people prioritise things in different ways.

It's not strange, it's just a hypothetical question to see where one's preference lies.

Of course, we all want to win everything, but some people prioritise things in different ways.

I see what you mean, but do you not think we're capable of what the OP asked? He asked would you rather go to Wembley or beat West Ham? In some cases, I completely get the either/or scenario, but currently, we have a 2 goal lead on a team we've beaten 3 times this season to get to Wembley. I fully believe we will get to Wembley - and if we don't we need to take a long look at ourselves if I'm honest. We also have a good a chance as any to beat West Ham. They lost to Sheff Utd away in the LC the beginning of this season. We're a better side than SU, we can beat them. And then promotion, which was a stipulation myself and others added.

If I'm honest, from the position we're in now, we SHOULD get promotion, and we SHOULD get to Wembley. Of the three competitions at the moment, I would be least disappointed by losing to West Ham, so I guess that's my answer. But IMO, we should be aiming to win silverware in JPT and L1, and get into the 5th Round.

Sorry, I sound a bit of a d!ck now, I'm not going to lie. Maybe it's been a very long week?

The oddity of this particular question is, barring a major upset, we're already at Wembley.

I'm confident of giving the Hammers a good game and wouldn't be at all suprise if we beat them and also am confident of promotion.

So my hypothesis is that priorities aren't an issue.

The question for me is: will we knock out West Ham and who would you like next if we do?

The oddity of this particular question is, barring a major upset, we're already at Wembley.

I'm confident of giving the Hammers a good game and wouldn't be at all suprise if we beat them and also am confident of promotion.

So my hypothesis is that priorities aren't an issue.

The question for me is: will we knock out West Ham and who would you like next if we do?

My thoughts exactly, but expressed in a much more concise manner.

My biggest fear is that we look back at the end of the season and regret our cup successes, because they ultimately put too much pressure on a relatively small squad and cost us promotion. There is also the psychological pressure on the team if we end up playing catch up with our league rivals as a result of delayed matches.

Doesn't mean I want us to lose, but I think that is a legitimate concern.

Archived