IGNORED

It's Tight At The Top!

General Zod

No doubt Cotterill and his entire squad are delighted to competing on three fronts and are enjoying the games coming thick and fast. Momentum is crucial.

Swindon will probably be 3 points ahead by the time City play next but I reckon that will motivate the players even more to regain top spot when the games in hand are played.

I'm not concerned at all.

Swindon were due to be playing Bradford next week and Bradford are still in the cup. So unless Swindon rearrange another fixture, they wont be playing

But they will play on the Saturday after, we play Sunday..

Swindon were due to be playing Bradford next week and Bradford are still in the cup. So unless Swindon rearrange another fixture, they wont be playing

I read on a forum somewhere that there's a strong rumour Swindon are going to bring their midweek fixture with Doncaster (I think?) forward to next Saturday. Whether it will happen is another matter

Just enjoy the ride. One of the best seasons in our lifetime.Swindle and Franchise winning will keep us motivated. Our manager will not let standards drop. Enjoy the break in league action wirh the televised cup games, where we can show the nation how good we are. The players would rather play games than train. Yesterday was a difficult fixture on a cold saturday up north but another 3 points

The reds are going up

Yesterday we got through a nasty banana skin match miles away 'tut North!. We got no away games for a while now and cup action to look forward to. Bollox to what others do cause were gonna have matches in the hutch ok not as good as points in the hutch but chances to win more games anyhow.

Who knows what's round the corner.

Strap yourself in and love it.

When are we due to play our game in hand and who is it against? I've read through the remaining fixtures, and Swindon appear to have a corresponding game for each of ours.

Not been arranged yet, to my knowledge. We'll have to rearrange Posh at home from 3rd round weekend, Doncaster away due to next weekend, and almost certainly Yeovil away due to Wembley.

Without being arrogant about our playing ability, outside of MK Dons away, we are more than capable of winning every league game up until Swindon away - which leads us until mid-April. Obviously we won't, and we will drop points, but if you look at the teams we have, we should be winning the majority of them - particularly with our record of 10W, 1D and 1L in our last 12.

At home: Fleetwood, Port Vale, Sheff U, Rochdale, Gillingham, Crewe and Barnsley. Although Vale, Blades and Dale pose threats and seem to be on good runs, we should be beating all three with home advantage.

Away: MK, Colchester, Orient, Crawley, Yeovil, Oldham. Four of the bottom five.

It's a huge amount of games to look at, but we are coming into a good run of games - outside of MK, our tougher opponents all coming at home and our most winnable games coming away from home.

13 games - Should be pushing for 30+ points without doubt, and not losing to MK.

Without being arrogant about our playing ability, outside of MK Dons away, we are more than capable of winning every league game up until Swindon away - which leads us until mid-April. Obviously we won't, and we will drop points, but if you look at the teams we have, we should be winning the majority of them - particularly with our record of 10W, 1D and 1L in our last 12.

At home: Fleetwood, Port Vale, Sheff U, Rochdale, Gillingham, Crewe and Barnsley. Although Vale, Blades and Dale pose threats and seem to be on good runs, we should be beating all three with home advantage.

Away: MK, Colchester, Orient, Crawley, Yeovil, Oldham. Four of the bottom five.

It's a huge amount of games to look at, but we are coming into a good run of games - outside of MK, our tougher opponents all coming at home and our most winnable games coming away from home.

13 games - Should be pushing for 30+ points without doubt, and not losing to MK.

We've got Swindon at home :)

From what I can see, by the time we play Fleetwood on 1st Feb, the Dons will have played 3 games:  Barnsley(H), S****horpe(A) and Crewe(A), while Swindon will have played 1 game: SheffU(A). I think the Dons will take at least 6, possibly 7, points from those games and Swindon 1.

This means we'll have 2 games in hand on both Swindon and MK, while being 1 point behind Swindon and level with (or a point behind) the Dons, prior to the Fleetwood game.

Ergo, a thumping win against Fleetwood will put back on top, with a game in hand!  Happy Days!

COYR!

Check out the last four gameweeks of the season. City, Dons and Swindle all synchronise and alternate easy home games (ie heavy favourites) with tough away games. Away record could seperate us all in the end. Last game 'easy' homer for all three.

This could be a dramatic epic of a season. There are still four teams that can reach 90 points. I'm taking nothing for granted...

Only once in the last 10 seasons has more than 2 teams reached 90 points so that has to be the target. 36 points required,21 games left which means 10 wins, 6 draws and 5 defeats will do it. COYR's !!!!!!!!

Only once in the last 10 seasons has more than 2 teams reached 90 points so that has to be the target. 36 points required,21 games left which means 10 wins, 6 draws and 5 defeats will do it. COYR's !!!!!!!!

Easy then. Let's do it.

Just praying we tear up the opposition over the next few months and not only take the title, but break the 100 point mark.

Archived