IGNORED

Live On Terrestrial Tv

North London Red

Not sure but I still remember Elton Welsby's (I think) opening to the coverage because I watched it so often after!

"The Clifton Suspension Bridge, that striking landmark as synonymous with Bristol and the west country as the twin towers are to Wembley. Around these parts to get to Twickenham is nothing new, but to get within striking distance of Wembley is quite a revelation. And now the tranquility of Bristol on a Sunday afternoon is about to be shattered..." Teams come out, pandemonium.

How can I remember that but not where my effing bank card is?

Harrogate Railway was live on Sky.

To this day, still the coldest I've ever been at a football match!

Stoke away in 99 I think.

Throwing snowballs at coppers provided much amusement!

Harrogate was cold as well though. I can remember getting the cats uo there.

There was a live home game against Grimsby Town of all teams, memorable for Keith Welch heading off the line due to the back pass rule that had just come in, and I'm pretty sure Scott Partridge scored the winner

Nicky Morgan scored the winner in a 1-0 victory. I was about 12 at the time I didn't actually go to the game, I watched it on TV. Our house was in Ashton Gate, about 200 metres from the ground and I remember hearing through the rear window the City fans celebrating the goal before it went in on the telly in front of me, only by a second or two but it was slightly surreal.

Being live on BBC One on a Sunday afternoon is a huge occasion for the club. I would imagine it will be our biggest TV audience for many years - easily bigger than any of our Sky appearances. I really hope the fans make some good noise because, with the ground redevelopment underway, it's a real chance for us to impress and maybe encourage a few more down to the gate to fill all those new seats.

... it's a real chance for us to impress and maybe encourage a few more down to the gate to fill all those new seats.

There won't be any spare. They will have been all bought up by rugby fans, basketball fans, away supporters who are mates of the aforementioned, glory hunters and others who can't name our reserve keeper. Oh and fatties. Apparently.

Being live on BBC One on a Sunday afternoon is a huge occasion for the club. I would imagine it will be our biggest TV audience for many years - easily bigger than any of our Sky appearances. I really hope the fans make some good noise because, with the ground redevelopment underway, it's a real chance for us to impress and maybe encourage a few more down to the gate to fill all those new seats.

I agree with your post, and I just wonder whether 'Shedman' will still have access and, thus, exposure on BBC.

Does anybody know?

Archived