IGNORED

It's Up To Smith

Negan

Didn't realise that.

So SC must be after another striker no matter what then.

Unless we buy him? Maybe Fulham do want to offload him and are just turning the screw, all Smiths doing if he walks out on us or Fulham.

I would say that the complete opposite is being said in that article..!

I didn't think that there was much chance of him staying on here in his current form, but that article seems to suggest that he likes it here, is scoring and playing and if he wants that to continue then it is his choice about staying here.

Would love him to stay but if it's only for a month... what's the point?

He either stays til seasons end or we sign someone else.

Cotterill has proved himself in the transfer market and generally, so let him loose again.

I will personally be extremely pissed off if we don't sign a striker because we have Smith until the end of February.

I don't believe that Cotterill would be that stupid though....

Guest redarmy1974

mmmmmyes was thinking that was a good result. i think mr Lemonleigh Evans was in the team that lost the three previous games as well tho.

Is he any good though, have you seen him play? can we partner him with jet second half against gills if were three goals up on agg and the two ronnies are still in rehab?

Guest redarmy1974

This was to be expected really !

If he wasn't banging em in we wouldn't be having this discussion !

Let's hope he wants reg playing time

The most obvious thing here is that Fulham don't want him.

He scores 4 in a game that their managers sees and he isn't recalled, they let him get cup tied and according to this article they are now looking for a new striker.

Whether he joins us or not his days at Fulham look numbered to me.

Maybe I am on my own here, but think the headline here is a bit lazy by Fulham and puts their player in a difficult position whatever he decides now with one set of fans. If it is his choice, believe it would have been better letting him decide that quietly, and then he has simply been recalled or not.

Maybe I am on my own here, but think the headline here is a bit lazy by Fulham and puts their player in a difficult position whatever he decides now with one set of fans. If it is his choice, believe it would have been better letting him decide that quietly, and then he has simply been recalled or not.

The most obvious thing here is that Fulham don't want him.

He scores 4 in a game that their managers sees and he isn't recalled, they let him get cup tied and according to this article they are now looking for a new striker.

Whether he joins us or not his days at Fulham look numbered to me.

Guest lou-peters-dive
NiceRed, on 19 Jan 2015 - 7:59 PM, said:

Yeah was thinking that. Unless I'm missing something, seems strange behaviour from Fulham. He's their player, they should either want him to return or they don't. His feelings shouldn't really come into it; Symons should be looking after the interests of Fulham and nothing else. By giving MS a say he looks very weak and indecisive.

This loan stuff is confusing. Can we not sign him on an emergency loan deal (93 days until the end of the season?)? He can't play for anyone else if Fulham don't play him anyway from what I understand?

So his only options are:

To go back to Fulham after Sunday.

To go back for a couple of days then sign to us ( and only us) for a further month maximum.

To sign for us permanently

Have I got this right? If he signs another month for us and then goes back to Fulham, who might decide not to play him and cannot loan him out anywhere, he might finish his season at the end of Feb? I thought the whole point of a fulham sending him out was to get him match fit etc, but unless they use him he will be in the same boat again after a couple of weeks. Crazy situation.

This loan stuff is confusing. Can we not sign him on an emergency loan deal (93 days until the end of the season?)? He can't play for anyone else if Fulham don't play him anyway from what I understand?

So his only options are:

To go back to Fulham after Sunday.

Yes

To go back for a couple of days then sign to us ( and only us) for a further month maximum.

Yes

To sign for us permanently

Yes, but if we do that he won't be able to play for us this season. The rule is 3 registrations (ie 3 owners) but can only play for 2, having played for Leeds and Fulham we could take his registration but he couldn't play for us. The exception to that rule is an emergency 93 day loan, then he can play for 3 clubs.

Have I got this right? If he signs another month for us and then goes back to Fulham, who might decide not to play him and cannot loan him out anywhere, he might finish his season at the end of Feb? I thought the whole point of a fulham sending him out was to get him match fit etc, but unless they use him he will be in the same boat again after a couple of weeks. Crazy situation.

This is where I am stumped. If he goes back to Fulham could they loan him to another club. I don't think they can, as he would have turned out for two and us under an exception. What I do not know is whether a fourth club benefits from an exception?

Perhaps not in this instance, but just thinking about this logically, this absolutely reeks of being ripe for a Bosman like challenge...

Archived