IGNORED

Characters Connected With Our Club....

BS4 on Tour...

As the new ground takes shape I've read lots of comments on here about the real characters that mean a lot to us.

It's absolutely true that our club has been built on many things, yes Mr Lansdown's money is obviously incredibly important to us and I for one don't take that for granted, but the new ground should definitely recognise the characters that are attached to us because they made a great contribution and we took them to our hearts.

I'm not sure how they should be acknowledged but i think we have to ensure that people like these should have lasting tributes within the new stadium:

Beryl Fudge

Buster Footman

Des Williams

Harry Dolman

Alex Lockhart

Terry Cooper

We all know who the publicly acknowledged legends are but let's not forget the soul of our club.

I'm obviously open to being shot down on the people included in my list but I'd welcome any opinions on this..

Les Bardsley - physio for many years.

The way he used to run onto the pitch, with water flying everywhere, to treat a player with 'the magic sponge', by the time he got to the injured player there wasn't any water left in the bucket (dear Liza). Absolute legend though

Archived