IGNORED

Characters Connected With Our Club....

BS4 on Tour...

Les Bardsley - physio for many years.

The way he used to run onto the pitch, with water flying everywhere, to treat a player with 'the magic sponge', by the time he got to the injured player there wasn't any water left in the bucket (dear Liza). Absolute legend though

Glad someone mentioned Les. Met him and his wife in my local in Shaldon a few years back, got talking as I had my City polo shirt on. Nicest couple you could wish to meet. Unfortunately, at the time I just thought they were just enthusiastic City fans with an amazing in-depth knowledge of the Club. Had the 'lightbulb moment' as I was driving home!

Good also that Beryl's up there. Never forget the Freight Rover semi against Hereford when I lived up in Tamworth. Pre Player you phoned the Club up to get the score. Beryl was at the end of the line even more excited than me and that took some doing!

Not funny, bit of respect please !

It was actually pretty funny but one of those that you'd really rather not find funny.

As the new ground takes shape I've read lots of comments on here about the real characters that mean a lot to us.

I'm not sure how they should be acknowledged but i think we have to ensure that people like these should have lasting tributes within the new stadium:

Beryl Fudge

Buster Footman

Des Williams

Harry Dolman

Alex Lockhart

Terry Cooper

Surely it would be really confusing if they named the new stand The Dolman Stand?

How about Marina Dolman getting a mention? Life President and  her lovely old ( slightly rusty) Rolls Royce which is still parked outside the Williams virtually every match day and has been since Harry died in the 70's?

The Marina's Rolls Royce Stand seems a very good call and then we don't have to have two Dolman Stands.

It was actually pretty funny but one of those that you'd really rather not find funny.

Surely it would be really confusing if they named the new stand The Dolman Stand?

How about Marina Dolman getting a mention? Life President and  her lovely old ( slightly rusty) Rolls Royce which is still parked outside the Williams virtually every match day and has been since Harry died in the 70's?

The Marina's Rolls Royce Stand seems a very good call and then we don't have to have two Dolman Stands.

We could have the Mr Dolman Stand, and the Mrs Dolman Stand.

Old duffer in the East End called "Norm" in the early / mid '80's. He must have been about 80 odd.

Seen burning a R*vers scarf in the E.E. on more than one occasion :laughcont:

Catchphrase was "c'mon the City !".

Shortly followed by "c'mon you red devils !"  (??!! :facepalm:  :disapointed2se:  :no: )

I remember.....always totally w*****ed when I saw him.

Archived