IGNORED

Bloke In My Office In A City Jumper - Help!

Dollymarie

There is currently a man in the office I work in doing PAT testing on the computers. He's in front of where I am typing this, and when I glanced up just now, I noticed he had the old robin badge of the back of his jumper.

I have now stared at his jumper a bit more, and noticed it has dry blackthorn woven into the pattern, and beneath the robin badge there is the wording

"When we play, its defnitely a dry blackthorn day"

Its definitely a City related top, any ideas where/what era it might be from?

I'm too scared to ask him given he seems the IT type that doesn't want to be disturbed and to just get on with his PAT testing.

Yours sincerely

Dolly the wimp

:D

There is currently a man in the office I work in doing PAT testing on the computers. He's in front of where I am typing this, and when I glanced up just now, I noticed he had the old robin badge of the back of his jumper.

I have now stared at his jumper a bit more, and noticed it has dry blackthorn woven into the pattern, and beneath the robin badge there is the wording

"When we play, its defnitely a dry blackthorn day"

Its definitely a City related top, any ideas where/what era it might be from?

I'm too scared to ask him given he seems the IT type that doesn't want to be disturbed and to just get on with his PAT testing.

Yours sincerely

Dolly the wimp

:D

Dolls, PAT testers are normally electricians and probably not Nerdy. So you should be safe. Then again he's surely moved along now.

Dolls, PAT testers are normally electricians and probably not Nerdy. So you should be safe. Then again he's surely moved along now.

Nope it's a big office, he's only done about half a dozen computers so far, and there's about 10 more to go, plus all the other stuff plugged in. :D

He's out of sight currently so I can no longer see the jumper.

My mate is a subcon PAT tester , and he has a red Blackthorn type top just like that..... 

Can't be him though because he got done for doing rude things in / around & on top of women's desks in the offices he was working... although he may be out now... not sure?

What a strange coincidence that another PAT tester would have same clothing.... small world innit...

Top bloke wearing it for work; go on say something Dolly how about "Are you going to West Ham?".  It always makes my day to meet a fellow red.

My mate is a subcon PAT tester , and he has a red Blackthorn type top just like that..... 

Can't be him though because he got done for doing rude things in / around & on top of women's desks in the offices he was working... although he may be out now... not sure?

What a strange coincidence that another PAT tester would have same clothing.... small world innit...

:o

Please ignore my previous post.

• Admin

I'm sure I had one like that, god that's going back a bit. I would think it was earlier than 93/94. I haven't seen mine for years, I'm going to have a search around for it.

There was a dark burgundy version and a black version at least - a mate of mine still where's his up the lions each game !

Archived