IGNORED

Worst Own Goal

Pewsham

Guest Mr White

Sebok at Wolves without a shadow of a doubt. Didn't he go on to mark Alan Shearer out of the game when England played Hungary?

I recall the great Sean Dyche score a magnificent (and highly original) goal a few seasons back. During a goalmouth scramble (from a Corner I think), Dyche, seemed to sit on the ball....and sort of fart it into the net!
Hmm, yeah that's really funny Tarquin. must have been some fart, I've seen something similar in a dodgy bar in Bancock !

Seebok's goal for Wolves was quite spectacular but unless my memory is playing tricks none of the blame can be attached to him. Lots of players regularly during the course of every game pass the ball back to the goalkeeper at exactly the right pace, the right spot for the goalie to welly it forward and with no danger from any opposition player. Wasn,t it the current divisional players goalkeeper of the season on duty that day?

My favourite og although non city is the throw in by the Villa defender that went straight past their goalie (v birmingham).

Yes - Atteveld at the Old then, very late 80s or very early 90s. He must have assumed (without bothering to check!) that the keeper was still on his line and thumped a lazy back pass, perhaps from 30 yards or even further (it was at the other end of the pitch from us).

In fact, the keeper was somewhere around the edge of the area, ready for the easy backpass. Atteveld's pass sailed over his head and rolled into a completely unguarded net. Pure class!

I think the score was 3-1 at that stage, and it finished 3-2. But we definitely won.

(I did type D-E-N, honest, but it keeps being corrected!)

Guest smoking_Gee

stuart munro (remember him) away to west brom, boxing day or new year.

Passed the ball back to welch and the ball bobbled over welchys foot into the net. we lost 1-0 and i think it was in injury time as well

Didn't Ray Atteveld or somebody score a beuty from about 25yards away to somebody in the early/mid nineties.
Yes, against Millwall, at the Old then in 92-93.

We were leading 3-1, when RA hit the ball Beckhamesque from near the halfway line straight over the City keeper, the ball struck the bar and bounced down, but it may not have crossed the line, but the ref gave it anyway.P robably, because his personal health cover was due to expire.

stuart munro (remember him) away to west brom, boxing day or new year.

Passed the ball back to welch and the ball bobbled over welchys foot into the net. we lost 1-0 and i think it was in injury time as well

Yeah, I was just about to mention that game mate. I was at that one

and it was indeed in injury time!. Flippin Hawthorns! I hate injury

time at that place!.

Guest Redarmy Ant

Not a city OG but can anyone remember Ian Dowie's OG when he played for West 'aam?

It was about 5 or 6 years ago in the FA Cup against Stockport (I think). Stockport had a corner, a nice deep far post swinger, when none other than the ugly one rose above the entire group of players and headed it straight past his keeper. A true strikers goal.

Magic.

Stockport ended up winning it AET (again, i think...)

Another non-city one but remember Wayne Hatswell (something like that!) scoring a spectacular own goal for Forest Green Rovers in the FA cup a few seasons ago. He had all the time in the world to clear it, but ballooned it into the top corner of the net!! The match of the day guys had a right laugh at it!! Think he was signed up by a second division club later that season!!!

I recall the great Sean Dyche score a magnificent (and highly original) goal a few seasons back. During a goalmouth scramble (from a Corner I think), Dyche, seemed to sit on the ball....and sort of fart it into the net!
Glenn Humphries on his debut at Rotherham was pretty spectacular. I remember a diving header at about shin level. He got better.

Archived