IGNORED

Bobby Reid Loan For Rest Of Season

brad blit

I see Reid has gone back to Plymouth for rest of season, as far as im aware we cant put a recall clause on this so wont be seeing him again this year. So will we be seeing another player coming in soon (possibly one of the players that Cotts mentioned last week) or is Saville and Tavernier covering him?

As much as you could see he had 'potential', he didn't kick on as much as Bryan and can see him leaving us if we are promoted as he's probably a League 2/1 standard player at best currently.

• Admin

Hate to say but would not be surprised if we have seen the last of Reid in a City shirt

As much as he had potential and promise for whatever reason he just hasn't stepped up like Bryan has this season

Maybe a situation we may have to get used to, the higher we get up the ladder the better the kids are going to have to be to get in the side

Yep, comparing Bob to Joe, the latter has stepped up massively and is a proper first team player.

I think Bobby is done here and will be released at the end of the season.

Signed a 2 year contract in the summer so doubt he will be released at the end of the season. Maybe loaned out again next season yes. 

Who knows, the penny might drop and he could end up upping his game in the remaining time, although that is slightly optimisic. 

From memory, his only appearance to date this season was the Oxford game in R1 of League cup. The whole team had an absolute mare in that game. In the SOD days, he was our only creative spark along with JET. Hopefully he rediscovers some of the spark. As a Bristolian, I would love to see him given another go, this time in a more successful City team.

Was ahead of Bryan at the start of last season,

Bryan has since caught him up and overtaken him

I think we won't see him again in a city shirt

That's how I'd call it too. We suddenly lost Todd Kane so pulled him back whilst we looked to bring Saville in, maybe to try to get Plymouth to make a bid? Looks like they want to take another look at him so it's better he is there than here if we have no plans for him.

To quote Cotts "They have done exceptionally well in coming through the system here at Bristol City and they now need to push on forward." That was last summer when they signed their extensions.

He was also referring to Wes Burns in that statement. Bryan certainly the pick of the bunch at the moment.

All 3 contracted to the end of next season.

Archived