IGNORED

What A Bunch Of Cheats

exiledinwatford

Just watched Barca v Atletico. Players of both sides throwing themselves to the ground at any opportunity. Suarez was absolutely disgraceful as was Dani Alves and Busquets for the "penalty". This is what we have to look forward to.

Can't Harry Hill do a programme exposing this cheating? Quite sad given the undoubted skill these players have.

Just watched Barca v Atletico. Players of both sides throwing themselves to the ground at any opportunity. Suarez was absolutely disgraceful as was Dani Alves and Busquets for the "penalty". This is what we have to look forward to.

Can't Harry Hill do a programme exposing this cheating? Quite sad given the undoubted skill these players have.

Why do we have to look forward to it? I don't think we'll be in the CL any time soon

Just watched the game.other than Suarez cheating I didn't see anymore diving etc than you see week in week out in the Prem.

Personally I've always found Barca to be thoroughly dislikeable. Top quality side, that's not in question, but I can't stand all this holier than thou, self righteous 'mes que un club' bollocks when they've got several players who are up there with the very worst in the game for snide off the ball stuff, cheating, feigning injury, playacting and surrounding referees to get their own way.

Personally I've always found Barca to be thoroughly dislikeable. Top quality side, that's not in question, but I can't stand all this holier than thou, self righteous 'mes que un club' bollocks when they've got several players who are up there with the very worst in the game for snide off the ball stuff, cheating, feigning injury, playacting and surrounding referees to get their own way.

Surely not Mascherano?

Where is the appetite to challenge it coming from. Sadly, nowhere.

The game is now run by a bunch of cheats so what hope do we have except by not going to watch.

Cancelling that Sky subscription would be a start though.

All sad but true. Cancelling the sky is the big one. Kill the money to kill the kill game.

We might then have a 2nd chance too get it right and not balls it up.

Sadly people will never do it. To be honest I found it left a void but soon filled my time with more important stuff than watching round the clock football.

I don't know how I actually achieved anything when I had sky sports.

Agree. Absolutely despise them. 

Diving and cheating is in the Latin psyche and are proud to have conned the referee.

Many of them that play over here struggle to grasp that we see it as utterly wrong and simply can't understand why.

Which is strange - why have a referee?

I'd like to see all Italian/Spanish/German games played without a referee - then they might appreciate why the game has rules on cheating.

Wholeheartedly agree. The love-in for Barca is nauseating as is as you say their self-righteous bollocks. They make Liverpool almost palateable.

Personally I cannot stand watching Spanish football anymore. I used to really enjoy it a decade and more ago but now I find myself switching off within a few minutes. It is the most uncompetitive league structured to support only two clubs. It is fantastic to see AM doing well despite no leg ups but I don't expect their challenge to have longevity: they are still a club which needs to sell their best players to stay afloat.

In terms of entertainment of what's on show frankly I get bored with the play acting. Football is a non-combat sport in La Liga, except when theirs a chance to get away with it in which case you see cowardice at its worst. I also find little scintilating about a league where a forward like Messi or Ronaldo has an off season if they haven't scored a goal every 100 minutes. Little challenge out there for them and its going through the motions.

Phil Vickery made a good comment on Radio 5 at the weekend about the difference between learning your football on the street and in an academy or increasingly in Brazil in a futsal arrangement. Players like Alexi Sanchez and Sergio Aguero don't dive because they leanred to play without a referee whereas if you are in organised games from a young age you learn that winning free kicks gives your team a better chance of winning.

The much lauded Barcelona academy is therefore likely to be a breading ground for diving as will many academys across Europe where diving is no longer viewed as wrong.

Doesn't explain Suarez diving but then i think he's probably an anomoly to almost any rule!

sadly diving and play acting is just as bad in the premiership and even sadder has started to filter down the leagues already, imho it really is time they should be taking retrospective action and banning players or it will only get worse, although i am as bad as anyone else in blaming referee,s i do think they have a hard enough job without trying to decide who is play acting as it is.

sadly diving and play acting is just as bad in the Premier League and even sadder has started to filter down the leagues already, imho it really is time they should be taking retrospective action and banning players or it will only get worse, although i am as bad as anyone else in blaming referee,s i do think they have a hard enough job without trying to decide who is play acting as it is.

Swindon Town - the Ronaldos of League 1.  Only for the cheating and haircuts of course.

sadly diving and play acting is just as bad in the Premier League and even sadder has started to filter down the leagues already, imho it really is time they should be taking retrospective action and banning players or it will only get worse, although i am as bad as anyone else in blaming referee,s i do think they have a hard enough job without trying to decide who is play acting as it is.

Dead right. Cricket is sorting out the problem of cheating by retrospective punishments. I think we know which country is world champion in that regard :(

Where is the appetite to challenge it coming from. Sadly, nowhere.

The game is now run by a bunch of cheats so what hope do we have except by not going to watch.

Cancelling that Sky subscription would be a start though.

Done and now enjoying MOTD again!

also why is it they have so much Spanish football on sky? sometimes there is 5 or 6 games on a weekend!

Probably because of the amount of English football they don't have the rights to anymore.

Would love to know what sky will do to tempt me to stay when the champions league goes to BT or wherever it's going, seeing as the only real reason I have sky in the first place is for sky sports.

Phil Vickery made a good comment on Radio 5 at the weekend about the difference between learning your football on the street and in an academy or increasingly in Brazil in a futsal arrangement. Players like Alexi Sanchez and Sergio Aguero don't dive because they leanred to play without a referee whereas if you are in organised games from a young age you learn that winning free kicks gives your team a better chance of winning.

The much lauded Barcelona academy is therefore likely to be a breading ground for diving as will many academys across Europe where diving is no longer viewed as wrong.

Doesn't explain Suarez diving but then i think he's probably an anomoly to almost any rule!

You sure??

Archived