IGNORED

New U21 Manager Needed?

redcherryberry

Yes are are right ! he is off the deal is all but done few little things to sort out .

Shame really as he seemed to be a good coach,would not surprise me if city went for the the Spanish fella Anton.

hope not though looking at his results with the u18s

Agree 100% re Anton, hopefully Cotterill will bring in someone with similar ideas to him.

Yes are are right ! he is off the deal is all but done few little things to sort out .

Shame really as he seemed to be a good coach,would not surprise me if city went for the the Spanish fella Anton.

hope not though looking at his results with the u18s

We've discussed this before but it's very short sighted to think that results are at all important in youth football

We've discussed this before but it's very short sighted to think that results are at all important in youth football

Look at Man City in the EDS, last year with Jordi Hiwula and Devante Cole, they were tearing apart the EDS league and top all season and won it easily with their top boys scoring for fun all season and battering teams.

Now after this, those two were being raved about as future England stars, however neither are setting the world alight in League One. I'm not sure how good these youth leagues really are as very few actually make the 1st teams.

Look at Man City in the EDS, last year with Jordi Hiwula and Devante Cole, they were tearing apart the EDS league and top all season and won it easily with their top boys scoring for fun all season and battering teams.

Now after this, those two were being raved about as future England stars, however neither are setting the world alight in League One. I'm not sure how good these youth leagues really are as very few actually make the 1st teams.

Sorry but that always has been and always will be true, of all the kids who go through the process only a very small number make the grade, it's not a downside of the process, it is needed to identify the players of true quality. It would also be useful to look at these players and see how quickly they adapted to each new level throughout their careers, it might be that they have always taken time to move up and it's only now that they are in front of an audience that this being noticed.

Further, there is a downside to letting these youngsters go out on loan to lower league clubs and that is they do not have the benefit of playing with players who have been trained like them to think at a particular level. I would be really interested to watch both Cole and Hiwula and see how many times they have taken up the right position or made the right run, only to be ignored by a colleague who doesn't have the same thought processes.

I think one might find that players like these would fit in well here, with JET and Freeman playing with them, players that do have the same kind of thought processes.

Sorry but that always has been and always will be true, of all the kids who go through the process only a very small number make the grade, it's not a downside of the process, it is needed to identify the players of true quality. It would also be useful to look at these players and see how quickly they adapted to each new level throughout their careers, it might be that they have always taken time to move up and it's only now that they are in front of an audience that this being noticed.

Further, there is a downside to letting these youngsters go out on loan to lower league clubs and that is they do not have the benefit of playing with players who have been trained like them to think at a particular level. I would be really interested to watch both Cole and Hiwula and see how many times they have taken up the right position or made the right run, only to be ignored by a colleague who doesn't have the same thought processes.

I think one might find that players like these would fit in well here, with JET and Freeman playing with them, players that do have the same kind of thought processes.

Tbf, Hiwula is in a different league to Cole, I just don't get why he's been so poor at Yeovil.

Seems we losing a lot of backroom staff, that Horseman chap left did he not (though linked to his son I guess) . Is it because they are not in line with SC ? I think it offers a great opportunity for us to get all levels in line . I would like us to start looking a little more internationally though, always wondered why more Dutch coaches not here 

Well, if the club were switched on enough, they could form ties with a certain Dutch top league outfit and maybe we could get a bit of Dutch mastery in our ranks.

Seems we losing a lot of backroom staff, that Horseman chap left did he not (though linked to his son I guess) . Is it because they are not in line with SC ? I think it offers a great opportunity for us to get all levels in line . I would like us to start looking a little more internationally though, always wondered why more Dutch coaches not here

Dave Horseman's step son is at Chelsea, Dave Went to Watford, not sure what the link is there.

He was also linked with a move to Team Bath shortly before he left for Watford.

Fact is he left because he got the offer of a better job.

Together with the impending departure of Mark O'Connor it does seem that the academy has a very large turnover of staff.

The under 18's 2012-14 had 4 managers during the first 13 months, that is a disgrace in my opinion.

I wonder if its worth sounding out candidate number 3 in this list if he doesn't get the Aldershot job?

Archived