IGNORED

Last Piece Of The Jigsaw .

Major Isewater

The pessimists or old City supporters if you prefer are a little nervous that injuries ,loss of form ,plagues of locusts may ruin our promotion bid.

Who or what do we need to see us over the line ?

I was thinking on the lines of sacrificing a goat in the centre circle at full moon, possibly with a silver sickle. Any thoughts from other old City supporters?

I was thinking on the lines of sacrificing a goat in the centre circle at full moon, possibly with a silver sickle. Any thoughts from other old City supporters?

Throw Alan Dicks, fully clothed, into the team bath.

The pessimists or old City supporters if you prefer are a little nervous that injuries ,loss of form ,plagues of locusts may ruin our promotion bid.

I'm mid 50s and a big advocate of games rather than training to keep the entire squad match fit, which SC has achieved very well. Yes you are going to pick up an injury or three along the way but that will happen anyway! Promotion is one assumes the line you are referring to and I would say rotation rotation rotation right now...The new boys will help and one or both of Wilbo and Agard back to take the pressure of Smith and JET...So we need a bit of luck and a bit of judgement...A performance on TV would be nice too!

Done it....Its already curried, please reference another thread!

How do we know there isn't the same spirit in the current squad?

There seems to be massive team spirit and fan spirit too...Long may it continue or at least until the Prozac wears off!

I'm mid 50s and a big advocate of games rather than training to keep the entire squad match fit, which SC has achieved very well. Yes you are going to pick up an injury or three along the way but that will happen anyway! Promotion is one assumes the line you are referring to and I would say rotation rotation rotation right now...The new boys will help and one or both of Wilbo and Agard back to take the pressure of Smith and JET...So we need a bit of luck and a bit of judgement...A performance on TV would be nice too!

Done it....Its already curried, please reference another thread!

There seems to be massive team spirit and fan spirit too...Long may it continue or at least until the Prozac wears off!

Just poured myself a lovely large Gin and Tonic to celebrate getting a ticket for WHAM and Gills........lovely spirit....Cheers Major :laughcont: :laughcont:

If all else fails, large brown envelope in Ref's changing room :thumbsup:

Players I would most like to stay fit are Fielding and Flint. Sure we have CB cover, but would look a lot weaker without Flint. Look well covered in midfield.

Wilbs and Agard also seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Should not forget we were starting before their injuries to make games hard through missing chances. We are pushing for promotion with no front player able to make the bench. So far our get out of jail free card is working fantastically well, but it could bite us on the bum. We need them back asap, or new cover.

Unnecessarily ageist comment by the OP.

So old fans are all pessimistic and, by implication, all young ones are optimistic?

City fans of 50 years plus have paid their money for a very long time and endured seemingly endless crap. In 1982, I genuinely thought my team would cease to be. So, if it's all the same to you, I'd rather you didn't label me, I have heard more than enough twenty something moaners in the last 50 years.

To answer the non stereotypical part of the OP,

I think we just need to keep our self belief and nerve. If we don't go up, it won't be because we don't have good enough footballers

Archived