IGNORED

How Important Is The Fa Cup To You?

CIDER NOT CIDRE

Rate How Important The FA Cup Is To You  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, I was thinking today about how important the FA cup is to me this season, taking into account league success etc.

Personally I would absolutely love a run in the cup. And if I was to rate the FA cup importance out of 10 would probably give it a solid 8/10. Both financially and in terms of momentum the FA cup could be really important to us in my opinion especially if we are to go up and sign a few decent players. That extra money from each round and possible TV ties could be an important factor for us both this season and upon moving into the next!

Obviously league is priority but a cup run would be a decent addition to our season.

So I thought it would be interesting to see what the general consensus is amongst you fellow City fans.

It's the greatest competition we enter and if we were to win it, it would be the greatest achievement in our 100+ year history.  How can it not be 10/10?

To win it would be unbelievable! Would most definitely be my best moment as a city fan. Don't think I'd come off the high for at least a year!

I remember feeling sick to the stomach when we were knocked out of the cup as a kid.

Feels relatively insignificant now.

Going back we had a chance in the cups like the 2 league cup semi finals now its all about drawing a big team for the money anything involving the Prem teams is a closed shop..

Rather win this league and mash Swindon so if West Ham and their big money signings win don't really care.

Any other season I would have said 10/10, the finances the chance of a trip to places we don't go every season. But this year its promotion at all costs, we have the best chance to go up so the Gary Johnson days and must not let the cup distract form what we all want so bad!

When you consider the focus a tie like sunday's brings to the club as a whole, it becomes very important. It can lift and galvanise a club already bouncing along the ceiling like ours.

It's always going to play second fiddle to a league title, unless we performed a miracle by winning the thing.

Archived