IGNORED

Joe Edwards

Dolman_Stand

a player I always rated and was extremely disapointed when he was sold,

I don't think he'll come back here and if he did would he get in the team, with have little and travenar at right wing back and elliot sav, smith, pack, freeman, in central mid (i may of missed some its early) so he wouldn't be an improvement on what we currently have,

a player I always rated and was extremely disapointed when he was sold,

I don't think he'll come back here and if he did would he get in the team, with have little and travenar at right wing back and elliot sav, smith, pack, freeman, in central mid (i may of missed some its early) so he wouldn't be an improvement on what we currently have,

You say that but we've only got four permanently contracted senior midfield players at the club, and of those Elliot is 35 and Freeman, whilst brilliant, doesn't have the same role as the likes of Smith and Elliot. We've seen a full back and a wide player in Kane and Wagstaff played there several times this season too. I think we need more than four at the club and if Saville is just a stop-gap then we'll definitely need at least one extra body in the Summer.

The club should be looking at young players, preferably with Championship experience, and who are coming up to the end of their contracts or won't cost a fortune. Does Edwards fit that bill? I think that he might.

You say that but we've only got four permanently contracted senior midfield players at the club, and of those Elliot is 35 and Freeman, whilst brilliant, doesn't have the same role as the likes of Smith and Elliot. We've seen a full back and a wide player in Kane and Wagstaff played there several times this season too. I think we need more than four at the club and if Saville is just a stop-gap then we'll definitely need at least one extra body in the Summer.

The club should be looking at young players, preferably with Championship experience, and who are coming up to the end of their contracts or won't cost a fortune. Does Edwards fit that bill? I think that he might.

Elliot is a creative player, now I'm not sure what sort of a midfield edwards is these days but as he started as a defender I'm going to hazard a guess that he's a defensive midfielder,

Now you aren't going to replace a creative player with a defensive player (logically anyway) so I wouldn't think he'd be a replacement,

you also mention we have 4 central midfielder contracted, we only play with 2 so 4 is enough imho (we can bring a loan in in case of injury),

I haven't read up on the new ffp rules so I can't comment on bugets wages etc, but having a small squad has worked wonders this season and has brought a team spirit and togetherness i've not seen at ashton gate well since i've supported them, I would like to continue down that road myself,

while your last sentance is correct and i do agree with it, we should only look for players that are on par with or better then what we have, does edwards fit that bil? maybe not but I'm sure Cotts isn't sat on his backside, he'd be think about next season as well as the next 3 and half months,

Its nice to have such a forward thinking manager with an eye for a player for a change thats for sure

Elliot is a creative player, now I'm not sure what sort of a midfield edwards is these days but as he started as a defender I'm going to hazard a guess that he's a defensive midfielder,

Now you aren't going to replace a creative player with a defensive player (logically anyway) so I wouldn't think he'd be a replacement,

you also mention we have 4 central midfielder contracted, we only play with 2 so 4 is enough imho (we can bring a loan in in case of injury),

I haven't read up on the new ffp rules so I can't comment on bugets wages etc, but having a small squad has worked wonders this season and has brought a team spirit and togetherness i've not seen at ashton gate well since i've supported them, I would like to continue down that road myself,

while your last sentance is correct and i do agree with it, we should only look for players that are on par with or better then what we have, does edwards fit that bil? maybe not but I'm sure Cotts isn't sat on his backside, he'd be think about next season as well as the next 3 and half months,

Its nice to have such a forward thinking manager with an eye for a player for a change thats for sure

I'm not sure that I'd describe Elliot as overtly attacking but I see where you're coming from. The other factor that we haven't mentioned is the fact that Saville has been brought in and seems to be ahead of Pack in the pecking order now. Pack has played quite a few games this season but in fairness we only have the two other guys in his position, does Saville's loaning mean that SC doesn't trust Pack?

Personally I think that Pack can be very good on his day, his problem is inconsistency. Would Edwards be an improvement on him? I haven't seen enough of him but I have every confidence in SC and KB's recruitment.

The issue with your four into two argument is that I included Freeman as one of the four, so it's actually three into four. If you don't include Freeman it just leaves us with the three (not including loan players or Reid as he's barely been here all season) so I'd say it's definitely an area we will look to recruit in.

I'm not sure that I'd describe Elliot as overtly attacking but I see where you're coming from. The other factor that we haven't mentioned is the fact that Saville has been brought in and seems to be ahead of Pack in the pecking order now. Pack has played quite a few games this season but in fairness we only have the two other guys in his position, does Saville's loaning mean that SC doesn't trust Pack?

Personally I think that Pack can be very good on his day, his problem is inconsistency. Would Edwards be an improvement on him? I haven't seen enough of him but I have every confidence in SC and KB's recruitment.

The issue with your four into two argument is that I included Freeman as one of the four, so it's actually three into four. If you don't include Freeman it just leaves us with the three (not including loan players or Reid as he's barely been here all season) so I'd say it's definitely an area we will look to recruit in.

true, but its worked so well so far thats my reasoning, I think the fact we have quite a few versatile players works in our favour,

Pack I don't thinks its an issue of Cotts not trusting him I think he can see the players weakness, which for me is his ball retention, he gives it away in dangerous postions often leading to a counter attack putting us on the back foot, if he can stop that then he's decent enough,

I think there may be a few question marks over him whether he can step up a level, but until he plays at that level we just don't know,

Archived