IGNORED

Making Ourself Look Tinpot?

Aipearcey

We are league one and they are premier league, our top striker is on loan from Fulham and theirs is the most expensive Englishman ever, they have a centre mid on loan from Barcelona we have one on loan from Wolves but we still are pretty equal and this isn't much to get excited about?

Personally, more interested in seeing how we look against an in form top league side.

Our tactics may surprise them. Quality aside, Man Utd went for a similar formation to ours and failed, almost miserably. 

Off the top of my head, the only sides who have made this work (off the top of my head) are us, Swindon and Watford.

So.........

Not quite excited, more interested about the test. Our best test this season.

I'm excited about the game. FA cup fourth round, on the TV and exactly what you said - its a good test against an in form PL team. I imagine most of us wanted Everton but I'm still looking forward to it.

Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to Sunday and I understand that west ham are a premier league team with a lot of history but is all the excitement really justified? It was only a few seasons ago we were playing them in league fixtures. I think it's a great gesture by the club or sponsor to give out the free scarfs, but I could understand it more if we were playing a man utd or a chelsea. This along with the press and the comments made by fans on itv the other night just disappointed me a little as it shows how far thing have changed between the two clubs and how people including our fans percive us as a small club.

When we played them in the same division the mentality of their fans was that they are a prem team and that's what they strive for. If we manage to get some momentum behind us and with the new stadium coming soon its our chance to build the fanbase and change our mentality.

Is that it ?

Achievements is your yardstick ok, Blackburn have won the FA cup more times than Everton, what a disappointing draw that would have been just like 2 years ago or what about The Wanderers FC they have won the FA cup the same amount of times as Everton.

Everton's past achievements were of no help in the shootout, they are at present a less than run of mill prem side and 13 points behind West Ham, achievements are great but they are just memories, ask Manu fans.

and Portsmouth won it 7 years ago and Wigan 2 years ago, so yes it could have been a whole lot worse.

But they are prem club and deserve respect as such.

I just can't understand the doom and gloom in such a great season so far and given the past 5/6 years, just enjoy it for what it is FFS a 4th round FA cup match against a prem side and judging by their Yeovil game and tonights game, we dodged a bullet by missing out on Manu because they are shit.

I was only pointing out that Everton won the FA Cup 20 years ago because you said they'd won nothing for 30 years...

Much as I would love us to be playing a premier league club in the cup tomorrow, I was thinking to myself that some of the media have gone into hype overdrive about this one. I did get an invite to hospitality on Sunday actually, which I declined with a polite '**** right off'.

I shall however be watching on TV, however if you score first it will be the off button for me.

and Portsmouth won it 7 years ago and Wigan 2 years ago, so yes it could have been a whole lot worse.

But they are prem club and deserve respect as such.

I just can't understand the doom and gloom in such a great season so far and given the past 5/6 years, just enjoy it for what it is FFS a 4th round FA cup match against a prem side and judging by their Yeovil game and tonights game, we dodged a bullet by missing out on Manu because they are shit.

'Dodged a bullet' means having a 'lucky escape' so are you saying we had a lucky escape by 'missing out' on a 'sh1t' Man U side??

'Dodged a bullet' means having a 'lucky escape' so are you saying we had a lucky escape by 'missing out' on a 'sh1t' Man U side??

Judging by the Yeovil game and tonights game, there is far more chance of more open and exciting game on sunday I would hope, but I suppose if you just want to watch Manu because they are Manu (all be it a pale shadow of the Manu of old) then fine.

I'm excited about the game. FA cup fourth round, on the TV and exactly what you said - its a good test against an in form PL team. I imagine most of us wanted Everton but I'm still looking forward to it.

I wanted West Ham over Everton. Better team this season and playing their best stuff in years.

Everton are in a bad way and ready to be shot at, so a victory on Sunday would count for a lot more.

All in my opinion, of course.

I'm probably being hypocritical here, but I'll certainly be picking up my freebie scarf and taking it home for one of the kids, but this idea of everyone swinging it around their head at the same time is a little manufactured in my eyes.

Atmosphere at a football match should be spontaneous and fan driven not orchestrated by the club.

But if the fans fail miserably at raising the atmosphere week in week out, what's wrong with the club trying something to help ??

If it gives us any such advantage on the pitch by getting the crowd behind us it will have been worth it ...won't it ?

But if the fans fail miserably at raising the atmosphere week in week out, what's wrong with the club trying something to help ??

If it gives us any such advantage on the pitch by getting the crowd behind us it will have been worth it ...won't it ?

This isn't the club, its Bristol Sport deciding that they will put in place the own ideas.

Give fans the same ten or twenty grand and ? Work with fans and ? The outcomes would be period because they would be fan led. Doing similar would be closer to the ideal of what a club is v think its tin pot? Tough its the BS show now.

Archived