IGNORED

Korey Smith

Fordy62

He didn't boss Noble, he ran the game second half. He looked far better than Song though.

I agree, I thought one of the big differences after half time was that Noble got tight to Freeman and he was less effective after that. The other change was that after the substitutions they started pressing us much higher up the pitch and we lost our flow to a greater extent.

I agree, I thought one of the big differences after half time was that Noble got tight to Freeman and he was less effective after that. The other change was that after the substitutions they started pressing us much higher up the pitch and we lost our flow to a greater extent.

How he has never played for England over the years is very strange.

Does Korey Smith ever look stressed or in a panic?  No matter how many players are near him when he receives a ball he is always calm.  I reckon if he got home to find his house burnt down he'd just take a deep breath and calmly call his mum.

For me it was K Smith, Little and Ayling who were our stand out players.

Good to see Agard get back on. This is super critical as we played really well, but thought we became a little one dimensional up front. Agard or somebody with some pace running the line up front would have caused them an additional challenge.

Thought they were really poor in first half, a bit better in second. Overall, a draw would have been a fair result, but would have seen the games stacking up.

Totally agree thought Jet was pretty ineffectual was hoping Agard would come on for the last 20 min to play in front of Smith has the pace to worry anyone. In reality all our chances came from crosses, on another day Freeman would have got one of those through balls through and that's where Agard could have prospered. It seemed second half they gave freeman a lot more attention and he was no where near as influential. Overall thought it was a top performance Korey was immense and Flinty didn't give Carroll a sniff to the extent he had to match up against Joe Bryan instead to get some ball. Promising for the rest of the seasons 12 wins is definatley within our reach.

Disagree about Noble, I only noticed him when he cleared off the line and when he later got booked. To tell you the truth I barely noticed that West Ham had a midfield for most of the game but I'll accept that sometimes people see what they want to see. They were better in the second half but apart from Sakho hitting the bar and the goal I don't remember them creating anything.

Agree about Song though, he looked totally disinterested. It was a shame when he and the equally ineffectual Valencia got the hook.

I'm sure there is a meme somewhere, with Song's face as he got subbed, saying 'and not a single **** was given that day'

Wonder how much he got paid for that performance?

Archived