IGNORED

Smith Stays

SimonL

We need to buy a striker this window. That is a MUST, but then again, I'm guessing its a must for everyone.

Not really with Wilbs and agard coming back to full fitness and jet on form,

Another injury and I'm sure cotts will pull another loan out of the bag

Even though this is good news, I don't see Matt Smith as our main striker. Several times Sunday JET was looking to play in Smith but the bloke isn't mobile or quick enough!

We need someone in the Baldock mould.

Agree with what you say  but at least he was a threat which JET never seemed to be.Also agree we need another striker but reading about the amount Chesterfield want for Doyle and the number of clubs interested let's hope  SC has someone else up his sleeve.

Even though this is good news, I don't see Matt Smith as our main striker. Several times Sunday JET was looking to play in Smith but the bloke isn't mobile or quick enough!

We need someone in the Baldock mould.

Agard?

Agree with what you say  but at least he was a threat which JET never seemed to be.Also agree we need another striker but reading about the amount Chesterfield want for Doyle and the number of clubs interested let's hope  SC has someone else up his sleeve.

In fairness to JET better players than him have been in the pocket of Tomkins and Reid.

Smith is available for the next 8 games:

JP Trophy                       Th 29Jan 2015  Bristol C     v   Gillingham        19:45

English League One      Su 01Feb 2015 Bristol C     v   Fleetwood        15:00

English League One      Sa 07Feb 2015 MK Dons    v   Bristol C            15:00

English League One      Tu 10Feb 2015 Bristol C     v   Port Vale           19:45

English League One      Sa 14Feb 2015 Bristol C     v   Sheff Utd           15:00

English League One      Tu 17Feb 2015 Bristol C     v   Peterborough   19:45

English League One      Sa 21Feb 2015 Colchester v   Bristol C             15:00

English League One      Sa 28Feb 2015 Bristol C   v     Rochdale           15:00

I think people are reading to much into SC's comments about Agard. I took it to mean we can forget about him starting for a while as he'll need to build up his match fitness.

Having said that I'm suprised he didn't get any minutes in the U21 fixture this week.

I hope Smiths extended stay allows Wilbs time to regain full fitness but agree we need 4 1st team strikers & would like us to bring in a finisher permanently this window. Unfortunately they don't grow on trees.

Only option. Hence why I'd be on the lookout for a Baldock-alike.

I think SC/KB have the right outlook on recruitment though: if there's someone who fits the bill and price tag go for it, but don't spend for the hell of it.

Yes. And they also have the advantage of knowing the extent of our injured strikers at the moment, 1 week away or 1 month away? They also know who is likely to be available from other clubs and their cost etc.

Of course we all like to speculate, hope and dream, but we really haven't got a clue as fans have we.

Smith is available for the next 8 games:

JP Trophy                       Th 29Jan 2015  Bristol C     v   Gillingham        19:45

English League One      Su 01Feb 2015 Bristol C     v   Fleetwood        15:00

English League One      Sa 07Feb 2015 MK Dons    v   Bristol C            15:00

English League One      Tu 10Feb 2015 Bristol C     v   Port Vale           19:45

English League One      Sa 14Feb 2015 Bristol C     v   Sheff Utd           15:00

English League One      Tu 17Feb 2015 Bristol C     v   Peterborough   19:45

English League One      Sa 21Feb 2015 Colchester v   Bristol C             15:00

English League One      Sa 28Feb 2015 Bristol C   v     Rochdale           15:00

Interesting looking at our run of games of which I think the next 3 will be crucial for success this season, with the following 3 at home 

JPT - worried that its seen as a foregone conclusion we will do enough to get to Wembley, Gills won at home to Oldham Saturday and proved they can score against us, if they get the 1st goal or even a second then it could be a very nervous night. If we win I think with a Wembley final in the bag will be the springboard to carry on to promotion, but if we somehow cock it up, not sure which way the team will react.

Fleetwood home, need a win to ensure we stay in the top 2 before we play MK, may be top if results were good for us

MK away - dependent upon results we could be 4 points behind MK or 8pts above with a game in hand, a win here or even a draw will help us cement our place at the top with the run of home games to follow. 

Archived