IGNORED

Minutes Applause Tomorrow Night

Randy Marsh

Anyway if our so called "super fans" with their banner which the club decided they do not want displayed feel hard done by, how about taking the decision as an adult and writing a letter to the club asking why they made this decision and why the fans whose banner it is feel that decision is hard. Perhaps try acting like grown ups and you might get treated like one.

The club gave their reasons why the flag/banner was removed, these you may not agree with but it is their club and their rules so fans have to abide by them. There is no reason why you couldn't have a different flag made using different wording if you are so passionate about it. How do you not know a sponsor or someone connected to the club who pumps countless money into it might have been subjected to an experience by an extremist group known as Ultra's and with that has taken person offence to the flag and asked the club to be respectful and consider removing it.

The fact these so called fans have turned on David Lloyd and in one instance I've read accused him and Bristol Sport of a Nazi regime has shown if anything they have the mind set of why the club don't want the word Ultra's associated with the club. Comparing the club and Mr Lloyd to a regime which killed millions of people is disgusting and despicable.

If your flag and your preferred name means so much to you, that you have to drive David Lloyd away from the fans and the forum then I for one would rather you and your flag stayed away.

Having someone like Mr Lloyd post on the forum, and on countless times inform the fans on here of what's going on, plus answer questions and put many points across and help many people and even work hard as he has to help us with the Fans Team for the tournament in Ukraine, is a major advantage to us fans and the club as a whole. Most clubs alienate themselves from the fans but in David Lloyd we have been treated with respect and help. It's a shame that a minority of fans have to drive him away and distance the club from it's fans because they don't get their own way and feel rather than going about things the right way, they have to cause a scene and offence which makes the club take a backwards step towards the fans.

So Bristol Ultra's or whatever you call yourselves, thanks for spoiling this for all the other fans and showing your true colours, if anything you confirmed the Clubs stance of describing ultra's as an extreme group which causes unwanted trouble, as that is exactly what you have done in removing Mr Lloyd from the forum.

Threads like this created as well, also show you don't appreciate what he does in order to make a distatseful joke about it. Sad that you have to react in the way you have done just because you didn't get what you want and the club wouldn't bow to your bully boy tactics.

Very well said, totally agree with you.

Anyway if our so called "super fans" with their banner which the club decided they do not want displayed feel hard done by, how about taking the decision as an adult and writing a letter to the club asking why they made this decision and why the fans whose banner it is feel that decision is hard. Perhaps try acting like grown ups and you might get treated like one.

The club gave their reasons why the flag/banner was removed, these you may not agree with but it is their club and their rules so fans have to abide by them. There is no reason why you couldn't have a different flag made using different wording if you are so passionate about it. How do you not know a sponsor or someone connected to the club who pumps countless money into it might have been subjected to an experience by an extremist group known as Ultra's and with that has taken person offence to the flag and asked the club to be respectful and consider removing it.

The fact these so called fans have turned on David Lloyd and in one instance I've read accused him and Bristol Sport of a Nazi regime has shown if anything they have the mind set of why the club don't want the word Ultra's associated with the club. Comparing the club and Mr Lloyd to a regime which killed millions of people is disgusting and despicable.

If your flag and your preferred name means so much to you, that you have to drive David Lloyd away from the fans and the forum then I for one would rather you and your flag stayed away.

Having someone like Mr Lloyd post on the forum, and on countless times inform the fans on here of what's going on, plus answer questions and put many points across and help many people and even work hard as he has to help us with the Fans Team for the tournament in Ukraine, is a major advantage to us fans and the club as a whole. Most clubs alienate themselves from the fans but in David Lloyd we have been treated with respect and help. It's a shame that a minority of fans have to drive him away and distance the club from it's fans because they don't get their own way and feel rather than going about things the right way, they have to cause a scene and offence which makes the club take a backwards step towards the fans.

I stopped it just here!...

For what it's worth I've always found Dave L to be really helpful.

He has replied extremely quickly to any email I've sent him and he puts in so much effort and hard work to help out City fans.

Not everyone will agree with what he says or does but that's life.

I don't think anything sinister is going on, he's just trying to help people.

For what it's worth I've always found Dave L to be really helpful.

He has replied extremely quickly to any email I've sent him and he puts in so much effort and hard work to help out City fans.

Not everyone will agree with what he says or does but that's life.

I don't think anything sinister is going on, he's just trying to help people.

Help them have their flag banned.

No I have supported them since 1986 when I started going to games and despite still living over 250 miles away I do what I can to go to games and support the team and even made sure I attended the Fans Meeting for the Fans Team driving down from Lytham to attend it, because I want to be a part of it and help out with it, and wanted to give my support to it as I think it's good for our club to do things like this.

I also appreciate what David Lloyd does for us fans and what the club does for it's fans as well, something it appears a minority are too blind to appreciate and will put the club down at any chance to, and instead of conducting themselves in a professional manner, feel the need to attack staff and get personal when they don't get things their own way.[/quote

How's life in that keep net?

• Admin

I haven't dissapead dark wood cover! I've had more than my share of abuse on here from people who unlike me hide behind alisases but unlike some I don't flounce off nice to be called a loveable scamp though! Haven't been called that since I was about 11!

Very ironic all the precious people getting upset that our fans liaison officer has jumped ship, yet they were more than happy to give it out to others! TB seemed to get singled out frequently by many

So Bristol Ultra's or whatever you call yourselves, thanks for spoiling this for all the other fans and showing your true colours, if anything you confirmed the Clubs stance of describing ultra's as an extreme group which causes unwanted trouble, as that is exactly what you have done in removing Mr Lloyd from the forum.

Threads like this created as well, also show you don't appreciate what he does in order to make a distatseful joke about it. Sad that you have to react in the way you have done just because you didn't get what you want and the club wouldn't bow to your bully boy tactics.

Brilliant, I can't stop laughing. That's genius.

• Admin

Bit like the "super fans" getting their knickers in a twist about not having input to the brilliantly successful scarves initiative.

Small minority on here with big gobs sounding off about fuck all.

Definitely not a small minority, have a look at the poll results, Dave has undoubtedly been made a scapegoat, but not by us fans

Here we go again.. this is one of the most pathetic threads ever to grace OTIB.. well done Randy.

Its distasteful for a start.. suicide is not to be joked about (even though its tongue in cheek.. I think!)

Secondly.. all this crap about flag with ultras on.. and some of the rubbish from the same people saying that BS are out to spoil everything for 'real' fans..

Thankfully youre a very small (albeit loud) group and I hazard a guess that the majority of fans don't know or even care about your 'battle' with our club.

Definitely not a small minority, have a look at the poll results, Dave has undoubtedly been made a scapegoat, but not by us fans

All the poll shows is that 220 people think the board has overreacted.  Admittedly far less voted against (though who knows how many don't care either way?) but that poll is way to small a sample to be considered anywhere near representative of most fans' views.

All the poll shows is that 220 people think the board has overreacted.  Admittedly far less voted against (though who knows how many don't care either way?) but that poll is way to small a sample to be considered anywhere near representative of most fans' views.

Or, the poll does represent the views of most fans and those that don't like the results say the sample is too small, which its not.

Archived