IGNORED

Minutes Applause Tomorrow Night

Randy Marsh

I think the one sentence version is that, as far as the majority of fans are concerned, the ultras are nowhere the big deal that they seem to think...

Do the 'Ultras' think they are 'big'? I've not seen any of them saying that? I'm not part of their group, but what is wrong with a group of lads who want to go to the game, have a few beers and a sing song and support their team? Their 'crime' is the word they've chosen to put on the flag - nothing else

Football is so ******* dull nowadays, all seater stadium and cameras on you from every direction has killed it. I admire them for trying to make the most of it

If they had chosen to call themselves by another name then we wouldn't be having this debate. That is wrong

If they acted like some of the neo Nazi groups from Europe then, yeah - castigate, ban them, I'd be at the front of the queue to do so, but they don't. They just want to have a laugh

**** me, it's a sad day when you can't do that anymore. And another reason why you'll find me at Kingsholm rather than Ashton Gate, I made my mind up years ago that I preferred a few beers and a laugh in an environment that actually encourages that. I would say that some people on here should give it a try, but it might just be too much fun for some

Oh so you've been to Hartlepool away , wow !

How are you a better fan than me ?

All fans are equal. 

We all pay to go to games we can afford to go to, buy strips, support the club with season tickets / memberships / merchandise and so on.

How exactly would you know how long I've followed the club and amount of games I've been to.

Your attitude is typical of the so called "I think I'm a super fan" and it lets down our club in a big way.

For your information, I took have been to Hartlepool away , except I don't make a big scene about it.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOODSH!

Do the 'Ultras' think they are 'big'? I've not seen any of them saying that? I'm not part of their group, but what is wrong with a group of lads who want to go to the game, have a few beers and a sing song and support their team? Their 'crime' is the word they've chosen to put on the flag - nothing else

Football is so ******* dull nowadays, all seater stadium and cameras on you from every direction has killed it. I admire them for trying to make the most of it

If they had chosen to call themselves by another name then we wouldn't be having this debate. That is wrong

If they acted like some of the neo Nazi groups from Europe then, yeah - castigate, ban them, I'd be at the front of the queue to do so, but they don't. They just want to have a laugh

**** me, it's a sad day when you can't do that anymore. And another reason why you'll find me at Kingsholm rather than Ashton Gate, I made my mind up years ago that I preferred a few beers and a laugh in an environment that actually encourages that. I would say that some people on here should give it a try, but it might just be too much fun for some

Totally agree with this except the Kingsholm part ;)

Not sure why people are getting offended by a flag.. is it because BS are offended? No-one even batted an eyelid before so why now?

Anyway if our so called "super fans" with their banner which the club decided they do not want displayed feel hard done by, how about taking the decision as an adult and writing a letter to the club asking why they made this decision and why the fans whose banner it is feel that decision is hard. Perhaps try acting like grown ups and you might get treated like one.

The club gave their reasons why the flag/banner was removed, these you may not agree with but it is their club and their rules so fans have to abide by them. There is no reason why you couldn't have a different flag made using different wording if you are so passionate about it. How do you not know a sponsor or someone connected to the club who pumps countless money into it might have been subjected to an experience by an extremist group known as Ultra's and with that has taken person offence to the flag and asked the club to be respectful and consider removing it.

The fact these so called fans have turned on David Lloyd and in one instance I've read accused him and Bristol Sport of a Nazi regime has shown if anything they have the mind set of why the club don't want the word Ultra's associated with the club. Comparing the club and Mr Lloyd to a regime which killed millions of people is disgusting and despicable.

If your flag and your preferred name means so much to you, that you have to drive David Lloyd away from the fans and the forum then I for one would rather you and your flag stayed away.

Having someone like Mr Lloyd post on the forum, and on countless times inform the fans on here of what's going on, plus answer questions and put many points across and help many people and even work hard as he has to help us with the Fans Team for the tournament in Ukraine, is a major advantage to us fans and the club as a whole. Most clubs alienate themselves from the fans but in David Lloyd we have been treated with respect and help. It's a shame that a minority of fans have to drive him away and distance the club from it's fans because they don't get their own way and feel rather than going about things the right way, they have to cause a scene and offence which makes the club take a backwards step towards the fans.

So Bristol Ultra's or whatever you call yourselves, thanks for spoiling this for all the other fans and showing your true colours, if anything you confirmed the Clubs stance of describing ultra's as an extreme group which causes unwanted trouble, as that is exactly what you have done in removing Mr Lloyd from the forum.

Threads like this created as well, also show you don't appreciate what he does in order to make a distatseful joke about it. Sad that you have to react in the way you have done just because you didn't get what you want and the club wouldn't bow to your bully boy tactics.

"Their club"?!!!

The fans are the lifeblood. This is OUR club

So, you still hiding from DaveL ?

Can't speak for Tim Bird and difficult to know what your point is, but it's obviously sarcasm in a bad way. Haven't got a clue who TB is but he/she/it wasn't on here for quite a while. Ironically due to abuse. Try changing your username that might help.

Totally agree with this except the Kingsholm part ;)

Not sure why people are getting offended by a flag.. is it because BS are offended? No-one even batted an eyelid before so why now?

Watched the game last night with my Swindon mate, and told him the story.....he saw the Ultra flag before it got taken down on Sunday, he was amazed that it got taken down

Archived