IGNORED

Sheffield United

Portland Bill

The bigger question after recent matches is not how good Div 1 teams are -- we have seen some great football -- but more of how overhyped the Premier League is.

If Sheffield saw us on Sunday / Bradford on Saturday they would have been equally impressed.

Yup, the gap isn't as big as it used to be, I'd guess alot is to do with all the foreign imports stopping young english players getting a chance and dropping down the leagues to find games, look how many ex-arsenal youth players we have!.  That and there's alot more football being played from when we were since last down here. 

Yup, the gap isn't as big as it used to be, I'd guess alot is to do with all the foreign imports stopping young english players getting a chance and dropping down the leagues to find games, look how many ex-arsenal youth players we have!.  That and there's alot more football being played from when we were since last down here.

Nonsense. Anyone can beat anyone in a one off game, we saw with Telford how we struggled to beat them so are we saying there isn't much of a gap between league one and the conference?

Strange thing about Sheffield United, they've won many plaudits for there cup exploits in recent years but no trophies and they've largely underperformed in League One, looking again like they'll struggle to get promoted this year.  To many distractions or just not a team cut out for the long haul?    

Strange thing about Sheffield United, they've won many plaudits for there cup exploits in recent years but no trophies and they've largely underperformed in League One, looking again like they'll struggle to get promoted this year.  To many distractions or just not a team cut out for the long haul?

I just don't think they have the quality throughout the team to do it week in week out in the league, lack of a goal goalscorer being the main problem. Team togetherness and belief seems to be what gets them through each round

Really? I thought they were terrible. Played like a pub team at times. Brought on the lump Higdon and went for it. I will be looking forward to playing them. They had nothing up front at all.

Funnily enough so did I, especially the first half. Considering West Ham and Tottenham are in the same position in the prem I thought the class between us and Sheff Utd was pretty telling.. Also the atmosphere was silent for the majority of the game.

Archived