IGNORED

Thank You Matt Smith (Merged)

WolfOfWestStreet

5 goals over the tie in full knowledge he would not play in the final should we have got there.

Fair play to you mate cracking effort, absolutely worthy of the red shirt, keep us going in the league and you'll always be welcome back at

Ashton Gate as a player or as a guest.

Well done and thanks, your talent has been appreciated

Maybe I'm thick, why hasn't mr lansdown purchased him!

Because even if he did tomorrow we couldn't play him until next season. League rules which have been discussed a few times on here.

And yes he certainly showed the true professional he is by giving his all to get to a trophy final he knew he could take no part in.

Barring any massive drop off in form over the next month, he surely has to be up there as one of our finest loan players of all time, certainty a 'limited time' one (i.e. not full season like Caulker)?

He's out scored even Mark Robins when he came in under Wilson, and his goals have already got us further in at least one competition.

All he needs to do is score the winner against MK Dons and he'll be nailed down in club folklaw and no mistake.

Question, if (big IF) we win the league, I presume he has played/will likely play enough league games for a championship medal?

I've removed a couple of posts from here, one of them was less than warranted as someone else pointed out, but I removed them both before this thread turns into a slanging match which Smith doesn't deserve right now.

I've removed a couple of posts from here, one of them was less than warranted as someone else pointed out, but I removed them both before this thread turns into a slanging match which Smith doesn't deserve right now.

The mind boggles!Matt come across really well in interviews.Got us to Wembley and seems a very likeable bloke.Definitely deserves a song before the game when we are at Wembley. Real pity he can't feature in the match.

It's so refreshing to hear him talk after the game. I always though a footballer with a brain would be dangerous, turns out he is.

I saw in the Joe Bryan article that he mentioned that Smith was well educated, I never thought that all the players follow the same stereotype, nice to hear it being confirmed.

Thank you.A tremendous performance for us.Never given less than 100%.All the best whoever you play for.I would hope we  sign you permanently as soon as we get the opportunity

This. Wibs replacement in the making and a top guy with it. Hopefully SC has already agreed something in principle :fingerscrossed:

Archived