IGNORED

Wembley Ticket Information [Merged]

gregoryunit

Last time I checked Wembley, like the vast majority of modern, licenced stadia was all-seater. Architects and designers are tasked to deliver to this brief so when the selfish standers do what they want it impacts others in the stadium. It's irresponsible and dangerous. I attended a warm up fixture in Saitama ahead of the 2002 World Cup and the architects and Japanese fans were stunned that the selection of invited South American fans stood throughout, completely obscuring the view for banks of fans and all who inhabited the disabled seating. They simply couldn't fathom why they would do so? I've no problem with standing provided its in a venue designed for such. Only cinema I've ever stood at was outdoors, only theatre, The Globe. For those that desperate to stand why not do so in front of your own TVs?

So if an areas designated in code...for instance a "singing area" behind the goal, it's fairly obvious people will be standing, which means people wanting to sit can indeed sit somewhere without the hassle of having their view blocked.

Everyone wins.  No need for drama and tears.

Football League have confirmed our allocation is 39,000 for Wembley but no indication we will be allocated more if that sells. Walsall have been allocated 20,000 so I would imagine we could potentially get more if we sell that amount.

MM

So if an areas designated in code...for instance a "singing area" behind the goal, it's fairly obvious people will be standing, which means people wanting to sit can indeed sit somewhere without the hassle of having their view blocked.

Everyone wins. No need for drama and tears.

As long as any singing area is suitably positioned.

Walsall have the front of the lower tier as their "singing area" with the "family area" directly behind it at the back of the lower tier!

Fair enough. First timer with City or have you just had better experiences there than I have?

I couldn't class the 08 play-off final (assuming you went) as a better experience.

I'm just excited at the thought of thousands (many more thousands than usual) coming together and having a few (maybe a lot) of ciders and watching our team compete in a final at the biggest stadium in England, for a chance to win some silverware :)

I couldn't class the 08 play-off final (assuming you went) as a better experience.

I'm just excited at the thought of thousands (many more thousands than usual) coming together and having a few (maybe a lot) of ciders and watching our team compete in a final at the biggest stadium in England, for a chance to win some silverware :)

Yes I was there. I wasn't knocking your enthusiasm, just wondering if you had seen other teams there as except for the Freight Rover at the old Wembley my memories haven't been great. All that's going to change though, win the trophy and going up in auto so playoffs not needed

Archived