IGNORED

Nicky Morgan Declares War On Otib.

screech

Our former big arsed ex gashead striker has today declared "WAR" on illiteracy and innumeracy. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31079515

Thems cumming fer uz moind.

As Nicky Morgan was my hero at the time, I feel I must point out he didn't play for the Gas.

I think he was with West Ham, Den Haag, Portsmouth, Stoke, us and Bournemouth on loan.

Cheers!

As Nicky Morgan was my hero at the time, I feel I must point out he didn't play for the Gas.

I think he was with West Ham, Den Haag, Portsmouth, Stoke, us and Bournemouth on loan.

Cheers!

My god, you are right. 

My sincere apologies to Nicky Morgan, his family, his friends anyone who knows Nicky and the entire Morgan race for having their name dragged through the mud.

"Mrs Morgan wants England to be in the top five in the world for English and maths by 2020. It is currently 23rd."

That's probably due to other nationalities LEARNING the language as opposed to speaking it every day as they grow.

Grammatical query please. A football club is a singular item therefore we should be saying City is good and Rovers is rubbish etc. Instead why it is accepted (especially by the media) to make a club a plural and thus say City are good and Rovers are rubbish?

That would be Trevor Morgan then

Yep.

I have already written the apology above to Nicky and his family,

I hope lessons will be learned from this sorry episode and will be asking for a full independent root and branch review of how we the BCFC community will post on this forum.

End of statement.

The Education Secretary may or may not be a 'big arsed ex gashead' as the OP puts it but she never played for us; as for NLBR.. that of course is a distinct possibility but obviously that could only have been the case in one of their more successful seasons.

Trevor Morgan was, on the other hand, not my favourite striker to pull on a City shirt but he tried and he scored a few important goals.

"Mrs Morgan wants England to be in the top five in the world for English and maths by 2020. It is currently 23rd."

That's probably due to other nationalities LEARNING the language as opposed to speaking it every day as they grow.

Grammatical query please. A football club is a singular item therefore we should be saying City is good and Rovers is rubbish etc. Instead why it is accepted (especially by the media) to make a club a plural and thus say City are good and Rovers are rubbish?

Football clubs (and pop groups) defy the usual rule about collective singulars.

Think how odd it would be to read: "The Beatles was on tour in America at the time."

This exception is featured in most newspaper and broadcasters' style guides.

Archived