IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Fleetwood Town Match Day Thread.

Beginning to look like any two from three for automatic promotion now. That's a good improvement on any two from four three weeks ago.

Table looks really good right now. MK have only lost once in 18 in the league - that rather randomly 3-0 at home to Walsall, so going to be far from easy. However, its as much an opportunity as a threat now. The team I was most worried about at Xmas was Preston - and we are now ten above them with a game in hand!

One thing we are doing is avoiding draws, which has got to be good.

Edited by cityexile

Update..................

Since we lost to PNE we've won 7 and lost 1 in the league.

17 for and 3 against.

5 clean sheets.

21 points from 24.

With form like that, who cares what the opposition are doing - we will be fine if we can carry it forward.

Wish I could have been there today to see the solid 2-0 win.....

First time we have won five in a row in the league too.

Even taking the last ten, which includes those three defeats, its still 21 points. Whilst we all look at the big games, as long as we pick up points somewhere, it does not really matter. Compare that to MK, who have only lost once in the last ten, they also have 21 points and have not gained any ground, as they have drawn 3. Got to keep at it however - Preston 3 points from 5 shows how quickly a bad run leaves you having a mountain to climb.

Edited by cityexile

Top the league 2 points clear with a game in hand, scored the 3rd most, conceded the least goals looks great but won't mean nothing unless we get a minimum of a point from our game against the Franchise really need to bring them back down to reality by not letting them score a single goal the way they been firing them in.

Top the league 2 points clear with a game in hand, scored the 3rd most, conceded the least goals looks great but won't mean nothing unless we get a minimum of a point from our game against the Franchise really need to bring them back down to reality by not letting them score a single goal the way they been firing them in.

Of course I hope not, but the win today means even a defeat next week is not exactly terminal. They would go one point above us, and we would still have a game in hand. It is however a chance for us to make a real break. Just keep doing what we are doing now and we should be fine.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

I'd snap anyones arm of at the shoulder if they offered  a point now against MK next week.  Not losing next week is the most important part imo.

I'd snap anyones arm of at the shoulder if they offered  a point now against MK next week.  Not losing next week is the most important part imo.

Yep, sure - but how would that table look if we won! May just come down to who takes their chances on the day. Going for it, and ending up with a draw would be very different from setting out for a draw however - where I think we would come un stuck. Probably the best team in the league when a goal up, so lets get the first goal and see how it plays out.