IGNORED

New Signings? (Merged)

Jesus

I think this is correct.

As I understand it the rules apply to contracted players.

If Fulham were to cancel his contract making him a free agent  then he could sign for us or anyone else.

They will want to recoup their money paid for him so cancelling his contract isn't an option - unless there is a workaround which is legal.

Not the case. Ben Arfa had his contract cancelled.

I was under the impression that free agents could sign for anyone at any time - whats the point of being a free agent if you can't sign for anyone ? That would be a restraint of trade.

Correct hence why the Ben Arfa/Nice are testing the rule in court but as it stands Smith could not sign for us this season even with his contract is cancelled.

Or maybe NLBR so he could be close to home in South Wales,

Second thoughts, no footballer would drop from the Championship to the 5th Division of the football league for such a reason........

he doesn't want his son to have a bristolion accent,

also as far as I know there is not 5th division,

I think this is correct.

As I understand it the rules apply to contracted players.

If Fulham were to cancel his contract making him a free agent  then he could sign for us or anyone else.

They will want to recoup their money paid for him so cancelling his contract isn't an option - unless there is a workaround which is legal.

Smith buys out his contract for the amount Fulham would have received in transfer fee.

We sign Smith and his signing on fee coincidentally equals the amount he had to pay Fulham to buy out his contract.

P.S. If he bought out his contract I guess we could sign him whenever we wanted i.e. outside the transfer window.

I just wanna know how you get to know these things TM...it's almost like you're a player, or.......you live next door to Cotts.. ??? :clapping:

Defo not a player....... well thats what the wife says...... :) Mr Cotterill doesnt live in Tetbury so your not close on either..........

I do have very good hearing and am able to listen too things...... 

Re-arrange these words........ mouth from straight the horses....... :)

Smith buys out his contract for the amount Fulham would have received in transfer fee.

We sign Smith and his signing on fee coincidentally equals the amount he had to pay Fulham to buy out his contract.

P.S. If he bought out his contract I guess we could sign him whenever we wanted i.e. outside the transfer window.

Yes but he would still be ineligible to play for us until next season, so why would we consider that until maybe his loan deal expires and he is not in Fulham's plans when he returns.

Defo not a player....... well thats what the wife says...... :) Mr Cotterill doesnt live in Tetbury so your not close on either..........

I do have very good hearing and am able to listen too things...... 

Re-arrange these words........ mouth from straight the horses....... :)

Aaah right. Well then ask the wife if we are actually signing anyone please.

Archived