IGNORED

City's Best Deadline Day Signings?

CyderInACan

I preferred Anthony.......

Ha, my girls asked me what a cassette was not so long back.....how to make you feel old!

My Brother in Law took a USB powered record deck into his work so some people could convert some LP's into  MP3. One of the young lads was really enjoying the 1st Specials album and one of the guys asked him what he thought of one of the tracks on side two. "side two?" he replied............

Was there even a transfer deadline day back then? I thought it was a relatively new thing?

The old transfer deadline day was the Thursday that was six weeks before the last matches of the season. It still exists for emergency loan signings although I'm not sure if it is still six weeks from season end. I have just looked it up and the final date for emergency loans is the third Thursday in March.

Not sure if it was deadline day but what a signing Stephen McLaughlin was! Fire.

Lots of great memories there! Like the time he came on against Colchester and set up Baldock's equaliser.

Or the time he came on against Colchester and set up Baldock with a sitter, only for him to miss...

The days...

Best in recent times, (if we're counting the March loan deadline) has to be Bikey. Came in for the last 7 games and we didn't lose a single one. What a player! Wouldn't be unfair to suggest he kept us up single handedly, with help from the other loanees.

Him and Cisse were the key players behind that season's relegation escape. Well, at the back at least. Stead was working heroics up front.

Him and Cisse were the key players behind that season's relegation escape. Well, at the back at least. Stead was working heroics up front.

Ah yes Cisse was brilliant what a rock infront the defence. When him and Bikey went in that summer our spine was gone.

As you say Stead was great as well, his goals and all round game were vital

Oh my. If you aren't old enough to remember the proper deadline day (middle of March, from memory), racing home from school and wading through pages and pages on Ceefax looking for our name to pop up, then you've not lived my friend

Did you know that cd's haven't been around forever either? And that Wagon Wheels used to be twice the size

Tsk, kids

I remeber the day we sold Goater to Man City & signed Sean McCarthy on loan as his replacement. It was like the equivalent of selling your 3 series & replacing it with a lorry....

I remeber the day we sold Goater to Man City & signed Sean McCarthy on loan as his replacement. It was like the equivalent of selling your 3 series & replacing it with a lorry....

To be fair we went up & Man City came down that year. Where are they now I hear you ask. . .

My Brother in Law took a USB powered record deck into his work so some people could convert some LP's into  MP3. One of the young lads was really enjoying the 1st Specials album and one of the guys asked him what he thought of one of the tracks on side two. "side two?" he replied............

Ha, side 2 - standard language back in the day! Turn it over, quick dusting and get it on!

Don't remember whether there was a transfer deadline day then, but Chris Garlands return to the club at the end of the season during the 70's saved us from relegation. Most of those matches were against the big guns of the 1st division of the time.

For me, things were never the same for me after Nicky Morgan came in. It was the catalyst that saw the eventual exit of my favourite ever City player, Bob Taylor.

Whilst I still mourn the loss of Super Bob, Morgan done a fantastic job here. My old man said apart from Dalglish he'd never seen a footballer use his backside so well. Once he had that ball at his feet, and his back to goal, there was no getting it off him

Archived