IGNORED

How Do You Celebrate A Goal...

Fordy62

There are various programs on TV which show football fans in some guise, a common one of which is to show how fans react to a goal.

Now, every time I see such a thing it always makes me think that maybe I go a little OTT in my celebration in my celebration when being part of the Matchday crowd. The usual reaction seems to be the good old fashioned 'stand and clap' as demonstrated by my first girlfriend when we beat Swindon 3-1 C2001. (Interestingly she's now married to the NLBR's stadium manger - in your face she was a red before she was a sag).

I like to jump up and down for a period of about 3-4 sections with both arms in the air shouting "yeehhhhhh" as loud as I can, in what I can only call a period of delirium.

This then becomes slightly more lucid and the delirium is replaced with a genuine happy feeling in which I start to take in the fact that we've scored a goal, at this point my arms are still above my head, but maybe a few air punches are thrown.

Finally this turns into an excitable clap which mutates in whatever the song of choice is by my fellow reds. So how do you celebrate yours?

Am I so over the top?

Depends on what context the goal is scored in. When Trundle put us ahead in extra time against Palace, I ended up hugging random strangers, tripping over myself and genuinely going mental. When we undeservedly equalised at home against Shrewsbury last year I barely got out of my seat knowing it had done nothing other than papering over the cracks. Its usually somewhere in the middle. I tend to celebrate goals away from home more wildly too.

Depends on what context the goal is scored in. When Trundle put us ahead in extra time against Palace, I ended up hugging random strangers, tripping over myself and genuinely going mental. When we undeservedly equalised at home against Shrewsbury last year I barely got out of my seat knowing it had done nothing other than papering over the cracks. Its usually somewhere in the middle. I tend to celebrate goals away from home more wildly too.

Ahhh yes. I forgot the old hugging strangers. Definitely done my fair share of that.

I wonder who on here I've hugged!

I punched a woman in the face when Tinnion scored at Anfield

In my younger days I suspect my celebrations were more about giving the away fans the old Nescafe sign. I'm not sure what I done when Donowa scored THAT goal, but I'd loved to have seen a recording of that one.....

Cheers TM. Was in the top corner of the open end that night. One of my favourite games. Sure after we scored we tried playing the offside trap and Rovers had 4 or 5 players through on goal and Twentyman blazed it over!

Depends, if we score early I normally just stand and clap knowing there's a long way to go in the game and anything can happen, boring I know but I don't see any point going mental with so long to go.

But if we score a goal which clinches the game, say JETS goal against Fleetwood I go a bit more mental.

I wish the cameras would normally focus on the fans after a goal.  Preferably pan wide to see a sea of jumping fans.  Mint.

So much more impressive a sight before all seater stadia, seeing the wave go through the crowd

It's just a moment of pure emotion, can't beat it

I tend to jump around shouting "YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" in circles then clap and join in with what ever song is being sung. I do remember being in the dolman when Trunds scored against palace and some gert big 6ft biker looking bloke bear hugged me to the point I almost died.... ahhhh those were the days.

I got a free pint for taking my shirt off in the pub once. When we scored at Sunderland, I ripped my shirt off and ran round the bar waving it over my head. The barmaid offered to buy me a pint if I never never did that in her pub again ;)

normally this  'I like to jump up and down for a period of about 3-4 sections with both arms in the air shouting "yeehhhhhh" as loud as I can, in what I can only call a period of delirium.'

with one exception. i never moan  or shout at other home fans but one day, a mature couple in front of me had done nothing but moan about jet all day, the he whacked in a perler, i couldnt contain myself and screamed in between their ears, ' what was that you  were saying'

Archived