IGNORED

Kid On Christmas Eve...

BS4 on Tour...

Apologies that this is nothing really new but just wanted to get my current thoughts down in writing.....

This City-supporting life has been one heck of a rollercoaster, by the age of 15 I had watched the mighty Reds in all four divisions!

I was in a 38,000 crowd and a 4,000 crowd - both at home. What a contrast, what a change.

But how I loved the Terry Cooper years and the superb support from the loyal few thousand in a huge ground.

Fast forward to recent times and I've sat in our beloved Gate feeling frustrated and so so disappointed.

I so wanted Tinman to succeed, I so wanted Danny Wilson to improve on those two 3rd place finishes, I so wanted Derek McInnes to grow his reputation here and I so wanted Sean O'Driscoll to fulfill the coaching potential that so many good football people said he had.

But none of that happened, yet those were four really nice guys. I met three of them and they were just good, good guys. It was a shame that they all had to go.

And then Steve C arrived, I must admit I thought 'why haven't we interviewed more blokes than just one?'

At the same time I think Sheff Wed were looking for a manager and they were considering 52 applications.

'Why had we rushed into this?' I said to anyone who'd listen.

And now we find ourselves at the top of a division in February. We haven't won a division in my lifetime. We can do this, we really can.

We basically bought all the guys who performed well against us last season and surprise surprise it has worked!

We are winning loads of games, we are playing great football, we are getting noticed, we are building a new ground, we are laughing at the other lot who are non-league, we are doing ourselves justice against Premier league opposition live on tv, we are on the crest of a wave.

I'm just gonna ride this bl**dy wave and hope I don't fall off the surfboard.

The old heart sinks when some people are still moaning on here about stuff....yes, some of it is important, and yes, I've also moaned about some stuff (bubble machine) but come on....

It's February and we are top of the league.

I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve....

Like many City fans of a similar generation we've all been through the mill supporting City. In my case almost 45 years. Managers and players come and go but we supporters remain. Personally I'm proud of that just like many of us are.

As for Cotterill, he was apparently interviewed by City some time ago. I'm not sure when but although he was unsuccessful he left quite an impression and was approached around the time O'Driscoll was on his way.

Now he's doing a great job and us fans are all enjoying the ride of success. Long may that continue.

Couldn't put it any better! Enjoy it whilst we are high flying because a high is always followed by a low, eventually. So while we're here we'd better ruddy well enjoy it! I also agree with the OP; I hate to see people finding anything to moan about, despite there being a lot more to be cheerful about than pessimistic.

Like many City fans of a similar generation we've all been through the mill supporting City. In my case almost 45 years. Managers and players come and go but we supporters remain. Personally I'm proud of that just like many of us are.

As for Cotterill, he was apparently interviewed by City some time ago. I'm not sure when but although he was unsuccessful he left quite an impression and was approached around the time O'Driscoll was on his way.

Now he's doing a great job and us fans are all enjoying the ride of success. Long may that continue.

Almost 45 years?  I reckon we might have been gracing the turnstiles for the first fateful visit to AG at a similar time.  Just wondering like, you still got the tartan turn ups and the silk scarf (for regulation tying around the wrist / head)?  Ah, happy days!

Sixty five years of suffering with a few highs thrown in and loving every minute of this season. Got the buzz in my gut already about the trip to MK.

COYREDSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

PS. Which scarf shall I take? 1975-76 promotion, 1997-98 promotion or this seasons freebie? Can't take the 1954-55 one cos the bloody moths ate it a long time ago.

What sums up being an oldie city fan for me is the most chereished memory i have,

the 2-2 at coventry !!.......a draw that kept us in the old first division, wild scenes of delirium and grown men crying !

if this season turns out like we all hope, the above memory may have to take second place

Almost 45 years?  I reckon we might have been gracing the turnstiles for the first fateful visit to AG at a similar time.  Just wondering like, you still got the tartan turn ups and the silk scarf (for regulation tying around the wrist / head)?  Ah, happy days!

Probably.

My first City match was in 1967 when I was 12. I went with a schoolmate and his dad. My dad wouldn't let go alone though because he said there were "too many hooligan skinheads around". Can't remember exactly when I next went but probably the following season.

Probably.

My first City match was in 1967 when I was 12. I went with a schoolmate and his dad. My dad wouldn't let go alone though because he said there were "too many hooligan skinheads around". Can't remember exactly when I next went but probably the following season.

Hooligans? Skinheads?............ Scary!

Bristol Sport would've sorted them out - just like they're doing with those vicious Ultras.

Archived