IGNORED

Bvb 09 - How The Mighty Can Fall So Quickly (Merged)

The Batman

I follow BVB as an overseas team after going to Dortmund to watch them play Wolfsburg last season, and it's unbelievable the amount of individual errors they make during games that lead to them conceding, and then losing the match. They simply can't compete with Bayern, the financial gap is unbelievable - hence why the likes of Gotze & Lewandowski go there - Reus will end up being one of their only top attacking players to not join them.

If they do go down (or even if they don't) then next year will be enormous for them - Reus & Hummels are 99.9% certain to leave, leaving them with pretty much no worldwide known players apart from maybe Blaszczykowski & Gundogan.

They simply can't compete with Bayern, the financial gap is unbelievable   - The mere fact that Bayern bailed them out meant that they could cherry pick off their best players like Gotze & Lewandowski is another reason for this.

That team should easily stay up on paper. It really is a mystery to me as to what has happened there.

• SC&T Board Members

Despite losing at home 1-0 again to lowly Augsburg on Wednesday night and so staying bottom of the league, they again had an 80,000+ sell-out. Why? Because despite the poor performance on the pitch, the occasion was still full of theatre, noise and passion provided by the fans, not least by the 'ultras' on the Yellow Wall. How does that come about? By the club management providing a simple 'stage' for the fans to occupy and largely allowing them to do their own thing in creating colour, choreos and a cacophony of sound.

Drama at football is not limited to the pitch. And the actors on the stage in a football ground are not just the players on the park. Bristol Sport would do well to show that they understand this.

I still have to ask the question, where in the goalkeeping coaching manual does it say it that it's a good practice for a keeper to close his eyes when an opponent takes a shot?, I was always thought a goalkeeper had to watch the flight of the ball all of the way. I have seen outfield players close their eyes when heading a ball (mind you I don't understand it) but a goalkeeper FFS, I have never heard or seen the like.

I am hoping they turn it around for sure. I still haven't done the trip over to Dortmund but will hopefully do it next season with me ol mucker and watch them still in the Bundesliga. I am hoping to be going to wembley with a good few Dortmund reds

Archived