IGNORED

Smallest Away Following

allyolly

Lots of discussion about the huge numbers going on Saturday so what about the smallest away city following you've been in.....?

I was one of the 98 at Hull the week we were relegated.

Also recall Southend away in early stages of the ldv, about 150 I think.

Good days out both of them!

Lots of discussion about the huge numbers going on Saturday so what about the smallest away city following you've been in.....?

I was one of the 98 at Hull the week we were relegated.

Also recall Southend away in early stages of the ldv, about 150 I think.

Good days out both of them!

Oldham away last season. 178 IIRC. Not a bad day and a decent point, but it wasn't half cold up there!

Barnet first round JPT cant remember what year but Bridges was playing and Stewart I think know we lost 2-1 or 3-2 ,cant have been more than 60 of us.Was a good laugh all the same

I actually thought there was quite a few that night. Was defo 3-2 or maybe 4-2. Remember someone near me brought their American flat mates from uni. They left after 25 minutes!

There was only 3 of us at Ottery St Mary at an away reserve team game in the '80s.

We started a chant and the players actually stopped and looked round in surprise!

Assume reserve games and friendlys don't count.

Only 3 of us at the pre-season friendly at Bashley in 1994. Suffice to say, there wasn't much chanting. Don't know who the other 2 were tho. We lost. A precursor to our subsequent relegation.

I used to go away with Rovers a lot and once we only took 4900 to a pre season Monday night friendly at St Mirren.

With City I was once one of only 2 to watch the reserves away at Spurs at Hemel Hempstead, although that was because game had been switched to AG without me knowing.

York away first round FA Cup.

Must have been 2006 or so?

There can't have been more than 60 of us on that terrace.

Was that the day Lansdown and Sextone were on the terrace giving out vouchers to away fans as they arrived?

I got there a bit late after enjoying the local pubs a bit too much so didnt see them myself. 

I remember being at either an LDV or maybe Leyland DAF game at Oxford sometime in the early nineties with barely anyone there. I think the overall crowd was around 1050 and not many of those were City fans.

We got given free tickets in a pub we went to before the game and used them to go into the away end.

It went to penalties and Mark Aizelwood took the worst penalty I've ever seen to lose us the game if I recall correctly (which is unlikely)

Having got arrested vs Rotherham in the FA Cup 2nd round game in 1989, and subsequently banned for the rest of the season, I decided that I'd sneak in one night and go in the away end 

Was at home to Chester, freezing cold January night, we won 1-0, and if anyone looked closely there was one away fan (out of about 13) who looked happier than the rest

Does that count?

Was that the day Lansdown and Sexstone were on the terrace giving out vouchers to away fans as they arrived?

I got there a bit late after enjoying the local pubs a bit too much so didnt see them myself.

It was. I got a voucher, a handshake from both men and a "thank you for coming" from big Colin

Luton away around 93/94 Anglo Italian Cup, couldn't have been more than 40 there, in the days when you had to have a ticket in advance to get in at Luton, Martin Scott couldn't even give his complimentary tickets away ......... and they made you sit in seat number on your ticket

I did two Monday evening away games in 1961/62 at Southend and Northampton. I travelled by train, no Supporters Club coach and if I was not the only one, I doubt if more than a couple more were there and probably in the Directors box.

I also do an away FR or LDV at Wolves when the stewards may have outnumbered the small number of City fans. We lost 3-0!

Archived