IGNORED

Football League Show

stephenkibby.

Honestly. You'd ne hard pushed to know we were top of the league. Barely a mention in the feature game.

Didn't expect much, the usual drivel, just seems like they feel as though we're hanging on to the lead by our finger nails, would have thought that being a top of the table clash they would have shown more of the game and less of the fawning of Robinson.

In fairness, it's trying to cram a lot of teams into a relatively short programme, so will be patchy. We get good mentions some weeks, not others, and you have to accept that the pundits don't have a great knowledge of all 72 clubs. It is what it is, and at least the Football League is getting some TV exposure.

I'm genuinely sceptical as to whether the channel 5 version will be any better

I don't like it at all and have always thought there should be extended highlights of at least 1 game in each division - instead of every half chance in the 0-0 between Leeds and Reading, Charlton & Ipswich with all 2 of the goals at Birmingham and Wigan.

they might be exciting games (like ours yesterday) but it's always overkill on the Championship and we're lucky if we see all the goals and a quick look round Exeter's dressing room with Clem from league 2.

Unfortunately this is seen as justified because of all the fans in the Championship that go to games; I do think the 'passing' fan who has no team in the 72 apparently covered, would be just as interested in Burton's run under Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink as they are in Wigan's relegation battle!

A lot of kidology from Karl Robinson, to say they were the underdogs and punching above their weight is just silly.

The game for me was poor first half, both teams cancelled each other out but the 2nd half we were much better. Possibly should've won but overall very disciplined defensively.. really impressed with that yesterday.

A lot of kidology from Karl Robinson, to say they were the underdogs and punching above their weight is just silly.

The game for me was poor first half, both teams cancelled each other out but the 2nd half we were much better. Possibly should've won but overall very disciplined defensively.. really impressed with that yesterday.

But not as silly as comparing their financial situation to Swindon's!!!!

All football shows have an obsession with punditry, and in its right place it's good (eg a day after matches), but on the night of games the programme should be more action less waffle. They billed it as "game of the day" but showed very little of it.

I actually enjoy the behind the scenes bits, and as a feature, I don't have a problem with them featuring the Dons - they are a decent story and just sold a teenage star for 5 million but it felt weird to totally ignore the significance of the game.

Reminded me of Swindles attitude.. the whole "we're a small club we shouldn't be here" FFS get a grip.

Archived