IGNORED

Joe Bryan Vs Danny Rose

Murraysrightplum

I've seen a fair bit of Danny Rose as my mate is a Spurs fan and been to a few games, seen them a lot on TV. I think JB is a much better crosser of the ball, better in the air and (I think) quicker. DR might have a lot more experience in the top league but I think if JB had had that opportunity he would be a better player

IF Joe Bryan continues to progress at the rate he is now then I genuinely believe he will be the first (unless anyone knows of others) City Academy product to earn a full England cap.  

He's obviously not close yet but he is getting better every game and if that continues I dont see why not. 

It's difficult to compare as we were a team struggling in the Championship and now we're a team flying in League One but I think Joe is much better than Danny Rose was when he was here in 2010/2011.  I think Joe's very slightly older than Danny Rose was then but I do feel he should set his sights on getting to where Rose has - i.e. a first team regular in a team regularly challenging for Europe.   There's no guarantees and he's a long way to go but he's got enough about him that he could do it.

You get one off results but the gap is huge.

Top 3 of Championship last season?

Leicester, Burnley, QPR.

Bottom 3 Prem this morning?

Leicester, Burnley, QPR.

That's misleading though as this is an unusual season (and it ignores the fact that none of last three's relegated Premier League teams are currently mounting a significant challenge.)

If you go over recent seasons, rather than a one-off trend, you find on average one promoted team gets relegated each season and on average one relegated team gets promoted.  The fact that this season has seen all three teams struggle says more about each of those individual clubs than it does a wider pattern. 

At the moment.

Rose has reached his potential, he isn't going to get any better and I think he is an average Premier League player.

Bryan has the acumen to get better very quickly and I think he can play at a very high level in the near future.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if he's with us for next season.

As a sidenote, people sometimes get mixed up between a good Premier League player and a player who is with a Premier League club - there is a huge difference.

Exactly

Danny Rose clearly didn't want to be here and took himself back to Spurs as soon as he could, ok we weren't great but you didn't see Caulker moan when getting the opportunity to play football. So attitude wise Bryan wins for me. Never did like Rose myself.

Joe is one of the reasons we are top of the leauge. However I feel he need to improve is crossing , yesterday his final ball on many occassions was not good enough. Having said that I'm certain there is much more to come and could go on greater things(hopefully with City).

Joe Bryan is just so frustrating.

Skinned is man in thd first 2 minutes then decided not to do it again for the rest of the game.

Yea I thought that heard he was able to fly past and expected us to have some joy down that side most the match but it didn't happen meh.

Danny Rose clearly didn't want to be here and took himself back to Spurs as soon as he could, ok we weren't great but you didn't see Caulker moan when getting the opportunity to play football. So attitude wise Bryan wins for me. Never did like Rose myself.

Caulker is now bring found out to be the average defender he is. Way out of his depth at PL level.

Pretty difficult to compare the two players. It's a bit like Derby fans asking whether Will Hughes is better than Jordan Henderson. One is older and a lot more experienced, but has a lot less development potential. Also they've never played in direct competition or at the same level. 

Danny Rose got torn apart by Danny Welbeck for Arsenal's goal yesterday though...

Archived