IGNORED

City Minibus Before The Game.

Portland Bill

Like the two old drunks stood behind me and my 8 year old. Every other word was #unt and jet was described as a ' lazy coon' shall we throw him some bananas for energy. Great work old boys

Racist slurs and abuse have no place in football. Using the C word is not a word I would use at football. Having a drink  and letting off a bit off steam with a few choice words is something a lot of fans do at football . I taken my kids to football since the ages of around 7 or 8 and I have explain to them that they might hear a bit of swearing its part of life and being at football  but I don't want  you to use and copy that langue you hear. 

Going back to the slur against Jet, I know sometimes it maybe differcult to confront these people even more so when you have your kids but cou;d you have reported them to the stewards?

Like the two old drunks stood behind me and my 8 year old. Every other word was #unt and jet was described as a ' lazy coon' shall we throw him some bananas for energy. Great work old boys

Not saying it should of been you as you had your boy but why did nobody say anything to these racist morons?

Unbelievable. I thought that aort of nonsence was long gone

Nope sadly not.

Going into Coventry Ricoh this season, several of our lads in front of me hoped they didn't catch Ebola from the black stewards checking people on the gate.

Unfortunately we have always had knuckle draggers. I just stay away from them.

I don't mind confrontation but not as I was with my 8 year old. No one else stepped in or reported the racism. Maybe I should have reported it?

Thank goodness these things are isolated these days

I appreciate that mate I would be the same if I had my boy. Someone else should of reported it. If you know the seat numbers they were in contact the club.

Not always easy (or good for your health) to openly challenge thugs/drunks/morons etc... Sometimes before setting off to report things it might (if possible safely) to try recording on fone the idiots and their antics for evidence of complaint... If a steward or whatever suddenly appears in area chances are behaviour would instantly improve and there would be nothing to go on, recorded audio visual incidents are hard to deny if further action is justified... (as would clearly have been the case in the described situation in this thread )

A minibus full of City going slowly in traffic before yesterday's game abusing everyone walking to the ground.

Lads,90% of the people you were abusing were City fans, sort yourselfs out ffs.

Was that the same minibus (Bidwells, Clevedon) on the way to the game driving along the A43 throwing endless half empty beer cans out of the van and onto the road. With Bristol City flags on the window that just advertises to the rest of the world that City fans, and football fans more generally, couldn't give a toss about anyone else and then we wonder why the rest of the world treats us all like sh*t.

Was that the same minibus (Bidwells, Clevedon) on the way to the game driving along the A43 throwing endless half empty beer cans out of the van and onto the road. With Bristol City flags on the window that just advertises to the rest of the world that City fans, and football fans more generally, couldn't give a toss about anyone else and then we wonder why the rest of the world treats us all like sh*t.

cant beat a good old witch-hunt on here

Think we were behind the same one a can of fosters came flying out missing our car and dribbles of larger going everywhere who the **** drinks fosters anyway ? Before abruptly pulling over and causing up to swerve/take action to get past .... Bus wan*ers

I went up with a great bunch of blokes from boca juniors in a mini bus. Great day out. We passed several buses on the way up all having a great time by the look of things. We sang all the way up and back and joined 5000 other fellow reds who created a fantastic day out.

I went up with a great bunch of blokes from boca juniors in a mini bus. Great day out. We passed several buses on the way up all having a great time by the look of things. We sang all the way up and back and joined 5000 other fellow reds who created a fantastic day out.

what.....they came all the way from argentina?

take me hat off sir

I don't know mate,I didn't really clock the name of the mini bus.

Think we were behind the same one a can of fosters came flying out missing our car and dribbles of larger going everywhere who the **** drinks fosters anyway ? Before abruptly pulling over and causing up to swerve/take action to get past .... Bus wan*ers

I wanted to drink Fosters in the concourse but they had none so had to make do with Heineken :( I guess they all taste the same anyway.

On the subject of these rapscallions, were they young lads as a few seemed to come join us at the back second half and looked like they had been causing some mischief

I wanted to drink Fosters in the concourse but they had none so had to make do with Heineken :( I guess they all taste the same anyway.

On the subject of these rapscallions, were they young lads as a few seemed to come join us at the back second half and looked like they had been causing some mischief

Not sure only noticed it was a bidwells clevedon hire van as I'm from near there so clocked that part

Half empty and beer are the key words here

I think I was on the same bus. If you had a raffle then I definitely was.

I am sure that, as is usual 99% of our supporters were well behaved and had a great time. It does often seem though that, once the away following hits a certain threshold, we seem to attract another 1% who have a different agenda. We were behind a minibus on the M4 when a discarded KFC container bounced off our windscreen and you have to ask yourself why? Would they do that on every journey they take, or is it just because of the booze and the "being one of the lads" attitude?

The racism I find intolerable, I have encountered this before when I was with my daughter and wouldn't want to bring her into a scene, but if i had encountered it Saturday I would have reported it. It's not unique to our club, but it's a disgrace and you just know that it gives us all the same tag in the eyes of many people. "Those backward West Country bumpkins with their racist ways", it has to be stamped out and I just hope that as we gather support with coming success, that idiots like this will see they are out of tune with modern society.

I am sure that, as is usual 99% of our supporters were well behaved and had a great time. It does often seem though that, once the away following hits a certain threshold, we seem to attract another 1% who have a different agenda. We were behind a minibus on the M4 when a discarded KFC container bounced off our windscreen and you have to ask yourself why? Would they do that on every journey they take, or is it just because of the booze and the "being one of the lads" attitude?

The racism I find intolerable, I have encountered this before when I was with my daughter and wouldn't want to bring her into a scene, but if i had encountered it Saturday I would have reported it. It's not unique to our club, but it's a disgrace and you just know that it gives us all the same tag in the eyes of many people. "Those backward West Country bumpkins with their racist ways", it has to be stamped out and I just hope that as we gather support with coming success, that idiots like this will see they are out of tune with modern society.

They'll be convinced that modern society are all prawn sandwich eaters that have ruined their sport because they are just working class lads and it's really their sport and the suits are all ruining it for them.

Archived