IGNORED

City Minibus Before The Game.

Portland Bill

A minibus full of City going slowly in traffic before yesterday's game abusing everyone walking to the ground.

Lads,90% of the people you were abusing were City fans, sort yourselfs out ffs.

Got to love the ultras.

innocent, innocent ultras. 

Maybe if they've sobered up by now they'll feel a tinge of embarrassment and will reflect on their actions.

Maybe they'll regret what they did as they tuck into a pot noodle or bargain bucket today during another serving of Jeremy Kyle.

These are the sort of people that wear trainers to go shopping and think a can of deodorant is all that's required for personal hygiene.

Maybe if they've sobered up by now they'll feel a tinge of embarrassment and will reflect on their actions.

Maybe they'll regret what they did as they tuck into a pot noodle or bargain bucket today during another serving of Jeremy Kyle.

These are the sort of people that wear trainers to go shopping and think a can of deodorant is all that's required for personal hygiene.

I would rather see someone shopping in trainers than open toe sandals with socks, Tarquin.

Class or the wearing of certain footwear does not make the person, you need to get out more.

Got to love the ultras.

I wouldn't lump this 1% in with the "Ultras", I feel like these are often people who don't follow the team as regularly and turn up for a big game. Sadly (as I am 53 myself) it often seems to be older "fans" who think it's still the 1970s/80s.

I think I was on the same bus. If you had a raffle then I definitely was.

Yep deffo a raffle .....I was that really good looking dude with a great voice. Seriously I hope I get a few more away days with you boys

Got to love the ultras.

I confidently predict this will be another question you do not answer, but nevertheless - how do you know they were ultras. Or is it that you just want tem to be ultras, in order to re-affirm your prejudice?

If you do respond, you could have a go at answering other unanswered questions from other threads.

Cheers.

I confidently predict this will be another question you do not answer, but nevertheless - how do you know they were ultras. Or is it that you just want tem to be ultras, in order to re-affirm your prejudice?If you do respond, you could have a go at answering other unanswered questions from other threads.Cheers.

I suggest he's a far from innocent WUM. Making him an idiot by default if true.

As I was on the mini bus in question.. I thought I better comment and put a twist on some of the wild stories made up.

1.  A few city fans may have been called "Franchise Bastards" by mistake the C word was not used, this was intended as banter to the Mk fans by some of us.
  2. The part about "half empty beer cans" being chucked out the back, is untrue also.
  3. Saying that we think we are "ultras" is wide of the mark.

All in all, yes maybe should have maybe piped down a little bit. But putting us in the group as people that racially abuse our own players is OTT and a bit out of order.

Cheers

As I was on the mini bus in question.. I thought I better comment and put a twist on some of the wild stories made up.

1.  A few city fans may have been called "Franchise Bastards" by mistake the C word was not used, this was intended as banter to the Mk fans by some of us.
  2. The part about "half empty beer cans" being chucked out the back, is untrue also.
  3. Saying that we think we are "ultras" is wide of the mark.

All in all, yes maybe should have maybe piped down a little bit. But putting us in the group as people that racially abuse our own players is OTT and a bit out of order.

Cheers

I personally didn't see your minibus so can not comment on the three points you make above but what about point 4? 

Were you seriously drinking Fosters?

Class or the wearing of certain footwear does not make the person, you need to get out more.

Who mentioned class?

Indeed footwear doesn't make the person. But it often forms part of the description. If you get out more you'll notice that certain types of people adopt certain traits, including the food they eat and the clothes they wear.

As an aside, and not to excuse any idiots, but..I work with three colleagues who were all stewards on Saturday. They all said they were thrilled with the good natured approach of the City fans, who were well behaved, got in to the spirit of it, and caused them a lot less serious issues than similiar large away crowds had done, amd indeed less than they were led to expect. I said I thought this was a two way thing, as the Stewards I met all seemed sensible and not creating large issues from small ones. Personally, I do not think shouting abuse to home fans helps, or is really acceptable, but if that is the worst from a crowd of 5,000, we did well.

As an aside, and not to excuse any idiots, but..I work with three colleagues who were all stewards on Saturday. They all said they were thrilled with the good natured approach of the City fans, who were well behaved, got in to the spirit of it, and caused them a lot less serious issues than similiar large away crowds had done, amd indeed less than they were led to expect. I said Zi thought tgis was a two way thing, as the Stewards I met all seemed sensible and not creating large issues from small ones. Personally, I do not think shouting abuse to home fans helps, but if that is the worst from a crowd of 5, 000, we did well.

Great news. 

• A few city fans may have been called "Franchise Bastards" by mistake the C word was not used, this was intended as banter to the Mk fans by some of us.
  • The part about "half empty beer cans" being chucked out the back, is untrue also.
  • Saying that we think we are "ultras" is wide of the mark.

Half empty beer cans coming out of your minibus is true I was behind it on some a road near mk

Cheers

As an aside, and not to excuse any idiots, but..I work with three colleagues who were all stewards on Saturday. They all said they were thrilled with the good natured approach of the City fans, who were well behaved, got in to the spirit of it, and caused them a lot less serious issues than similiar large away crowds had done, amd indeed less than they were led to expect. I said I thought this was a two way thing, as the Stewards I met all seemed sensible and not creating large issues from small ones. Personally, I do not think shouting abuse to home fans helps, or is really acceptable, but if that is the worst from a crowd of 5,000, we did well.

Good to hear. The bit in bold is spot on IMO, I've found in the past that when the local stewards/police etc are friendly, helpful and use their common sense, the visting fans tend to respond in kind.

• A few city fans may have been called "Franchise Bastards" by mistake the C word was not used, this was intended as banter to the Mk fans by some of us.
  • The part about "half empty beer cans" being chucked out the back, is untrue also.

Cheers

But you did have a gashead on the bus

As an aside and way back......we had left Manchester on a extremely cold sat night/ sunday morning with a sober but lunatic driver who i love till this day...having had a mental day at the main road emporium for suicidal cider drinkers, that along with a tentative 5 minute invasion into the kippax, and the hasty retreat that ensued ( thirty against five thousand was never gonna be a winner at ladbrokes ) the ride home was uneventful....black in front and black behind...twas a lonely return to bristol........until we were overtaken by ray and the boys, who had snuck up behind our mini bus with the headlights off....they went past with three naked guys on the roof all screaming like banshee's......so what's the prob FFS..........Get a life, get a grip and enjoy the ride, and stop judging other peoples "fun" thresh hold.......tin foil...check....hat pattern....check....ohh....xxx you gotta love the mini bus madness X

Cheers

I don't want to drag this debate on,but if you don't think the words "Franchise cxxxx" was shouted at a lot of City fans,then you either weren't on the minibus,or you need your ears syringed!!

Archived