IGNORED

Niall Quinn

formerly known as ivan

Anyone else find him to be one of the worse commentators/pundits to have had the misfortune of listening to?

Half decent career granted but still talks like he doesn't have a clue about the game. Probably doesn't when you consider his reign at Sunderland!

Agree. One of the most boring, bland, irritating men to listen to on commentary. Would probably rather listen to James Milner and that's saying a lot

I don't actually think prominent ex players make good pundits, co-commentators etc. There are obviously exceptions but on the whole these guys aren't brill and I think one of the reasons is that they haven't actually 'watched' many games. They were too busy playing in them!

It would be so refreshing to see fans/supporters as pundits etc, I know Sky used to have the Fan Zone commentators and they were a bit over passionate at times, but we've watched hundreds more games than the likes of Owen, Neville, Quinn etc...

I watched the North London derby yesterday and Owen must have commented about five times how certain skills were so difficult. But, I think Quinn has found a new low for co commentator.

I picked that up too, 'difficult skill that, not everyone can do it' every other sentence it seemed.

I really don't think the tv companies appreciate how a match can be ruined by poor commentary/pundits. Michael verbal diarrhoea Owen never shuts up or says anything worth hearing.

Archived