IGNORED

The Latest Match Day Thread Ever......

extonsred

So physical fatigue and injury is all in the head then.

Depends how fatigued and injured you are. But despite the bad press they get most players want to be playing in the first team. And when your team is top of the league, you are enjoying your football and picking up win bonuses week in and week out it is amazing what players will play through.

They won't, for "Contractual reasons". Please don't be misled by anything you read on the Radio Drivel website :(

No I won't,  as you know I usually have my own link for all City games,  so I will switch over to that if it's not on and the presenter hasn't mentioned it being online.

Depends how fatigued and injured you are. But despite the bad press they get most players want to be playing in the first team. And when your team is top of the league, you are enjoying your football and picking up win bonuses week in and week out it is amazing what players will play through.

Of course players want to be playing. The decision to rest a player won't be because they don't want to play, it'll be because the manager and/or medical team think they need it.

Of course players want to be playing. The decision to rest a player won't be because they don't want to play, it'll be because the manager and/or medical team think they need it.

Agreed but only rarely can you look at a player and think "he's exhausted". Injuries are easier to spot. I think Cotterill and his medical team have got the rotation policy spot on so far. And in hindsight the decision to use JET sparingly in the first half of the season is paying huge dividends now. We don't need to play a half fit Agard or Wilbraham and by the time they are seriously considered for starting selection again, they'll be ready.

So physical fatigue and injury is all in the head then.

Ridiculous comment these are all very physically fit human beings...don't by into all the crap from premier league managers about all this fatigue rubbish, Liverpool once won a league and a European cup using 16 players when pitches and players were harder....you rest players with a chance of a 5 point gap possibly 8 to 3rd is madness....also a gap will also give us the chance to slip up

Looking from the outside in we have had barring the front two a settled side all year...team spirit and knowing you can trust every player alongside you will go along way in the psyche of the players I would 99% guarantee that none of these players will want to be rested

Archived