IGNORED

Steps In The New Stand

Ian M

I'm more concerned about the concrete surrounds to the exits, which seem very high, to the extent they'd block the view from nearby seats?

I'm sure this won't be an issue, considering the amount of money and time spent on planning this rebuild, i really doubt they'd let something so obvious slip by. We need to wait until it's finished to pass proper judgement, have faith! 

I think the project is a few weeks behind schedule. Remember watching a video on Bristol Sport where the project manager said all the steelwork for the South Stand was due to be completed by the end of January. Assuming the project is still running late in the summer I guess they'll have to sacrifice some of the internal work to ensure the stand can be used for viewing matches at the start of the season. I suppose as long as the building structure is in place with seats, emergency exits and toilets then a safety certificate can be issued. Other parts such as catering outlets could be completed later.

I think the project is a few weeks behind schedule. Remember watching a video on Bristol Sport where the project manager said all the steelwork for the South Stand was due to be completed by the end of January. Assuming the project is still running late in the summer I guess they'll have to sacrifice some of the internal work to ensure the stand can be used for viewing matches at the start of the season. I suppose as long as the building structure is in place with seats, emergency exits and toilets then a safety certificate can be issued. Other parts such as catering outlets could be completed later.

I believe it's around 3 weeks behind due to a delay in steel deliveries.

Not just Football experts on here mind.

Cracked I up! Another otib classic :D (no offence intended Madger).

Where's Big Tone when you need him? Believe he's involved in multi-million pound engineering progects in Saudi Arabia. I'm sure he'd have something, ahem, very sensible to say on the matter. However, if he didn't use expert terminology such as 'on the wonk', I'm just not sure I could take him seriously.

There do seem behind schedule. I fully ecxpected the steel work frame to be in place before concrete steps are to be laid. 

I was told the steel was cut incorrectly and new steel had to be ordered, not sure how much truth is in that, but its taking a long time just to get the steel structure up.

Archived