IGNORED

City On Track For 100 Points

Loderingo

61 points from 28 games is 2.18 points per game.  Keep that up and over 46 games we would end up with 100 points exactly

What's amazing is if we only manage 1 point a game (relegation form) for the rest of the season, we would end up with 79 points, which guarantees the play offs and would be good enough for auto some years

If we only manage 1.3 points (mid table form) for the rest of the season, we would end up with 84 points, which is normally good enough for auto 

If we only manage 1.6 points (play off form) for the rest of the season, we would end up with 90 points, which most years wins you the league

We are in a happy place.

But I have a lot of scar tissue on my bum where football over the years has bitten it. Couple of key injuries, bad luck, strikers suddenly misfiring, heck, going to grim northern towns with good sides mid week.

Lots of football still to be played. Lets ride this crest of good form for as long as it lasts. We may still need it down the road.

I'm not sure 90 will win the league this year but we have put ourselves in a superb position now. We look strong favourites for the title at the moment. Time to turn the screw even further, the cracks are just starting to show in the competition.

After recent results 90 will be enough now for automatic Promotion. 10 wins and 8 defeats will do it from our remaining games. Job done.

We are in a happy place.

But I have a lot of scar tissue on my bum where football over the years has bitten it. Couple of key injuries, bad luck, strikers suddenly misfiring, heck, going to grim northern towns with good sides mid week.

Lots of football still to be played. Lets ride this crest of good form for as long as it lasts. We may still need it down the road.

So you don't think we'll be promoted over the coming Easter period?

Where's that total points prediction thread we had early on in season....soz, can't remember who's running it-most rude of me. Anyway do you think it might be worth digging it out for a quick reminder of predictions made and who's got em....?

See if anyone 'eliminated' already with v low predictions etc...

(no idea what my guess was now, I can't be the only one, can't remember the prize either, wasn't it a Ford Focus or something? :) )

Anyone know our highest ever points tally for a season? We must have a decent chance of beating it this year!

Is that giving 3 for a win? In which case our Division 3 (South) performance in 1954/55 will be hard to beat.

W 30 D 10 L 6 = 100 points by today's measure.

Looking at our remaining games, still have 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th (Preston, Oldham, Bradford and Chesterfield) to play away from home. Also have 2nd and 6th (Swinbreds and Sheff U) at home - all six are very loseable. Come out of those six games with a point each, at least making sure our rivals drop points. That gives us 6 points, putting us up to 67.

Then we're left with 12 games. 5 of those are away, and as the old adage goes, draw your away games. That gives us another 5 points. So puts us up to 72.

That leaves us with 7 home games against sides we could/should be beating at AG (15 wins out of our last 20 home games shows how good we are on home soil). 21 points on top of the 72 gives us 93.

Then maybe take away 3 points for an away game we shouldn't lose but do (-1), and a home game we should win but draw (-2). That leaves us on 90 points. Enough for promotion, I would think/hope, but if there's gonna be any year that it's not, it's this year. I wouldn't say it's enough to win the title.

Now of course, on current form, we're better than this. But we haven't had a major wobble all season and we still have some very tough games ahead and some very tired legs. I'm still confident we go up, just need to put the pressure on the chasing pack by winning our games until our game in hand is played and ideally opening up a bit of a gap.

I won last year (bang on the money) and I got 91 for this year, which, dare I say it, looks like it could be on the low side!

You did indeed. Not looking too bad this year either (mini collapse required) - surely you'll have to accept the winnings this time if you do...?

That thread is a great barometer of our collective pre-season mood. Understandably there is muted confidence, following a difficult season with a decent finish. Just underlines what a great a year we are having.

Unless we completely shoot ourselves in the foot, I think promotion is a done deal now - but I want us to go up as Champions now.  It would be the icing on the cake, as it'll be our Diamond Anniversary (60 years since we last won a league -1954-55) this season, and though I was alive then, I was just 18 months old.  So it's all coming together nicely...  :clapping:

I have to say, it would take the shine off our promotion a bit if we didn't finish as Champions... :(

The MINIMUM we will achieve is 90 points now imo.

29 from 18 games (around 1.6 pts a game) should be a doddle.

Looks as though that will be enough for automatic promotion *almost* any year!

Now I'm gonna stop short of posting a WE'RE GONNA BE PROMOTED thread - as that would no doubt come back and bite me, but I think that realisation is definitely worth a few low key bananas:

Ba na na. Ba na na.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/164168-free-cider-that-thing-we-did-last-year/

This what you're looking for?

Your prediction was 87, hopefully alot closer than mine of 78.

Cheers KCN.. That list is looking really quite interesting now... With everyone on it still in it.

Thanks to our great season who'd have thought that this far in those at the top

would still be very much in with a 100+ shout!

Likewise again thanks to this seasons successes, looks like half a dozen of those

at the bottom are poised to drop off in the next week or two...

We'll be dropping like flies now, as Top Spot Cott and the lads go marching on collecting pocket loads of league points!! :)

(BTW thanks to Hail Gus Cesaer..good job !)

Archived