IGNORED

Player Ratings

old_eastender

I thought they gave it a good go and their heads didn't drop even when 2 goals down, infact the opposite. Their winger,Marshall, who scored their goal gave us problems all night. Not heard of him before. Maybe he just had the game of his life last night?

They weren't that poor. I actually though they did the long ball reasonably well. 

If I were looking back as a Vale fan, i'd have thought that the first goal should have been saved, Bryan's deflected effort was hideously unlucky. Smith's third was horrendous defending.

Going forward, i genuinely though they were OK.

I thought we let them look ok without them actually being ok.  In that first spell we had many misplaced and hospital passes, couldn't make the ball stick up front and struggled to win the second ball.  We were fine once we settled into our rhythm but seemed to either tire or sit back at the end, either way it was a bit sloppy again.

But another way of looking at what you said, is that all three of our goals should have been prevented - that is playing poorly in my book.

Poor performance from our standards, was also disappointed with Fielding for the goal conceded, but Vale didn't offer any threat at all, very similar to most clubs in this league, pass It around the back nicely but offer zero threat going forward. Typical win this season, didn't play well, but our better players shone through in the end.

Tavernier had a poor first half but improved a lot 2nd half. Hopefully that was more his game as looked decent.

JET was MOTM for me but Freeman also quality.

Correct. Cotts had obviously told him at half-time to push up on his man, as first half he backed off their number 3, giving the guy space to make runs and pick out forward passes.

I thought he showed potential being more forward. A few nice runs into the box. Didn't he set up the shot that hit the post?

Korey for me was MOTM. A towering performance and as the manager says, he fights fires all over the pitch.

Archived